Premed 101 Forums

UAA Calculation Question

Hello all, I have a quick but confusing question. 

For USASK, they calculate your UAA based on 90-120 credits. 

So, when I apply in my 4th year, I’ll probably have about 96 credits. However, back in 2013, I also took classes at SIAST and, being without much care at the time, tanked them and averaged around 60-70 on the 30 credits that I passed. 

So, by rule they require these transcripts to also be submitted. My question is, will they be taking my shitty credits also, since they take up to 120 credits? Or will they just take the 96 for the degree that I’ll be applying with, and ignore those credits in the calculation?

I can’t find anything online about it, other than that after I graduate they will take the previous 120 credits, but for when I apply during my degree, I’m worried those ten year old credits will drag me down, even though if I wait a year, they won’t count towards the UAA because I’d have my degree and therefore the prior 120 credits would be in that degree only. 

I hope that makes sense, and any input is appreciated. Thank you. 

https://medicine.usask.ca/documents/Admissions/applicant-information-document.pdf

Is that 30 credits from SIAST in 2013 part of your degree that you are in 4th year?

"All applicants will have approximately 10% of their lowest course grades removed up to a maximum of 12 credit units (CU) (e.g., 90 to 105 CU = 9 CU removal; 106 to 120 CU = 12 CU removal)."

9 CU will be removed from your lowest mark because you have 96 CU before the 4th year. They will calculate your UAA before your 4th year.

"The four-year baccalaureate degree or professional program must be completed within five years."

"Courses used in the UAA calculation must have been completed within five years or less. Time away from studies will be removed from the calculation."

Also, make sure the timeline between SIAST and your current year should be within 5 years, besides the time away from studies.