Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances?

Hey guys!

So I am having trouble seeing myself compared to the other applications as I've seen people online with stellar stats get rejected whereas people with lower scores/less ECs compared to them get acceptances. I thought I would post what I have currently under my belt and was hoping to get your guys's opinions on if I'm headed on the right track or if I am lacking in some areas.

IP: Alberta (desired school is UofC but open to any)

Year: Second year undergrad

First Year GPA: 3.91 (11 courses)

Second Year First Sem GPA: 3.75 (4 courses)

MCAT: (I took a practice AAMC full length before starting my study schedule as I am currently studying for it so I will use that score for now): 510 (128 CARS)

CASPer: not done yet

Publications: none

ECs:

• 1.5 years working in retail sales, and just started a job at an optometry
  • 0.5 years tutoring for an organization that helps provide education to youth, especially the underprivileged
  • almost a year of helping coach para-athletes for track and field
  • 1.5 years Outreach Director for a Canadian science competition
  • 2 years tutoring for Big Brothers Big Sisters, my current student having a learning disability
  • 2 years volunteering for a Canadian wildlife conservation group
  • 1 year in Youth Council where I was part of the team that published a possible solution to ameliorate food waste/insecurity in my city
  • 0.5 years VP Events at my program's student association
  • Helping a graduate student research (I'm not an author though)
  • I'm looking into more research and something related to speech therapy (I was born with a speech impediment that was resolved with therapy so I'm interested in that)
  • favourite pastime is photography and started a photography Instagram account

Any feedback/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :)