Premed 101 Forums

Help me!! I'm in a lot of pain!

Guest belledentiste

Guest belledentiste

It it normal to be bleeding on the second day of a surgery from impacted teeth. I'm really upset right now (a little bit of crying). I was recommended to go one of the "best oral surgeons in TO" by a U of T dental student. The aftermath is horrible. I can't swallow very well, because the right side of hte mandible hurts. I can't talk. I can's close my mouth. It's so painful when I try to eat something (and it's not like I don't want to eat because I have to take my antibiotics and tylenol 3). I took it at 7pm today and the next thing I knew... my wound ont he right side of the mandible started to bleed. Is there a dental studnet out there that can help me? I can't call the 24 hour emergency service because it's very painful to talk and move my mouth.

I'm in so much pain and I'm so disappointed by this oral surgeon, I'm beginning to question my future career.

Help me please! Thanks a lot!

It sucks having a bad experience with someone in the profession your considering to go into, but don't let one bad experience put you off an entire profession. Maybe you can work to be someone who doesn't make the same mistakes :)

Anyways, I don't know if there are any recent grads or any 4th year dents on the forum, but if you post at dentaltown.com you could probably get some help from experienced dentists,

good luck

epzi

Archived