Premed 101 Forums

Are there Locums shifts in Canada for GIM? If yes, what is the pay/hour?

Yes, tonnes of work available. It depends on your province. It pays well. It's probably comparable to the United States in pay if not higher. Have to factor in CAD to USD conversion. How well you come out after salary though depends on the cost of living of where you are in the States vs Canada. Higher taxes here, and in many cities much higher home prices. I'm not sure I would make the decision of where to practice on pay alone. 

18 hours ago, Jarisch said:

Yes, tonnes of work available. It depends on your province. It pays well. It's probably comparable to the United States in pay if not higher. Have to factor in CAD to USD conversion. How well you come out after salary though depends on the cost of living of where you are in the States vs Canada. Higher taxes here, and in many cities much higher home prices. I'm not sure I would make the decision of where to practice on pay alone. 

Do you happen to know the average per hour pay in CAD or USD?

There aren't really set hourly wages like you may see in the US. It's fee for service. If you're busy you'll bill more, if less busy then not as much etc. Plenty of bigger centres which have high volumes are always looking for work. I can't get into specific details since it'll differ depending on the province/location you're in. It's not unheard of to be billing 5-10K a night for busy GIM call. 

12 hours ago, Jarisch said:

There aren't really set hourly wages like you may see in the US. It's fee for service. If you're busy you'll bill more, if less busy then not as much etc. Plenty of bigger centres which have high volumes are always looking for work. I can't get into specific details since it'll differ depending on the province/location you're in. It's not unheard of to be billing 5-10K a night for busy GIM call. 

$5-10 K??????????? Does billing = compensation? And it will be as a self-employed contractor? I want it to be self-employed.

I will WORK EVERY SHIFT. Can you tell me which cities/hospitals/recruiters I can talk to?

In USA, even a 24 hour call may pay MAX $2000 USD. 

Pardon my excitement, I'm very poor.