Premed 101 Forums

NOSM Waitlist 2023

50 minutes ago, NOSMU777 said:

After 5 years of hard work (4 years applying) I was offered admission today. I have accepted this offer. 

My best advice to all of you applying is to never give up; even when you want to. Strive to be a better version of yourself every day and you will one day get to where you want to be. Little steps go a long way. 

Cheers!

Ahh congrats!!! What campus will you be attending? 

On 5/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, NOSMU777 said:

After 5 years of hard work (4 years applying) I was offered admission today. I have accepted this offer. 

My best advice to all of you applying is to never give up; even when you want to. Strive to be a better version of yourself every day and you will one day get to where you want to be. Little steps go a long way. 

Cheers!

Congratulations - hard work pays off!! This gives me hope as a fellow waitlister :) 

2 hours ago, Mdme13 said:

Has anyone heard anything regarding waitlist movement? Does anyone know if more people have made it off the list? 

I have not heard anything else. I tried to find out some information regarding the waitlist process today and I could not get through to the school via phone nor could I access the NOSM website (appears that the NOSM website has been down for 2 days now).

28 minutes ago, famous11 said:

I have not heard anything else. I tried to find out some information regarding the waitlist process today and I could not get through to the school via phone nor could I access the NOSM website (appears that the NOSM website has been down for 2 days now).

Ahh I see. Thanks for your response. I also noticed the website was down today! 

13 hours ago, famous11 said:

Exactly! Super strange - I wonder if there are any system-related issues. We continue to wait!

We have a NOSM resident at my workplace and they mentioned being unable to access their internal resources yesterday - perhaps related. But yes we continue to wait and play the email refresh game! 

2 hours ago, Mdme13 said:

Ah stressful haha. Im wondering if they are even able to send offers right now? 

I wonder as well (this is a possibility). There is definitely something up. I know initial offers of admission are not due until early next week so that may also be an explanation. However, the website is still down today and something appears to be also up with the phone system. If employees cannot access internal files, this may also point into the direction that something has come up. I hope everything is OK and we hear back soon!

21 minutes ago, famous11 said:

I am wondering if things will be delayed now as a result of the cyber attack. The website and phone systems are still down. In addition, I noticed this from the article that was released Friday.

image.thumb.png.4cd51df19517623b4f947c36b517ff84.png

I agree, I think things are probably going to be delayed in terms of waitlist offers. Who knows if they can even access this information at the moment 

Just now, Mdme13 said:

I agree, I think things are probably going to be delayed in terms of waitlist offers. Who knows if they can even access this information at the moment 

Exactly. That was my thought. It is unfortunate because we have all worked so hard to get to this point and have been waiting for so long already. I really hope this situation can be rectified soon and we can hear something. I suppose there is still time today to receive the weekly update email, but I do believe that the cyber security incident is impacting things.