Premed 101 Forums

UBC MOT Waitlist Movement 2023

1 minute ago, UBCOTapp said:

I’m IP, I emailed him today as well! If you moved from 25 to 11 it sounds like the list would have moved 14 spots so it’s weird I haven’t heard anything but maybe it has something to do with being IP vs OOP. 

It was me that moved the 14 spots, I am

also IP but honestly wonder if a lot of my movement has to do with the picking of different waitlists or if people emailed asking to be taken off the waitlist

15 minutes ago, GonnabeanOT2023 said:

It was me that moved the 14 spots, I am

also IP but honestly wonder if a lot of my movement has to do with the picking of different waitlists or if people emailed asking to be taken off the waitlist

Oh you’re totally right! My bad lol I didn’t even think about the fact that people in between us could have chosen the other waitlist or removed themselves. That makes a lot more sense!

1 hour ago, UBCOTapp said:

I’m IP, I emailed him today as well! If you moved from 25 to 11 it sounds like the list would have moved 14 spots so it’s weird I haven’t heard anything but maybe it has something to do with being IP vs OOP. 

I was originally #15 so I’m not sure where I am now! If someone moved 14 spots, it should mean I’m now 1. But if you haven’t heard anything, that’s odd. Usually IP and OOP are on the same list, but OOP can’t be offered a seat unless an OOP denies the offer. 

13 hours ago, j_OT said:

I was originally #15 so I’m not sure where I am now! If someone moved 14 spots, it should mean I’m now 1. But if you haven’t heard anything, that’s odd. Usually IP and OOP are on the same list, but OOP can’t be offered a seat unless an OOP denies the offer. 

That’s interesting, I didn’t realize that’s how it worked for OOP waitlisted people, thanks for that information 

16 hours ago, j_OT said:

I just got accepted this morning!! You’re definitely near the top of the list so there’s hope!

22 minutes ago, j_OT said:

Received an acceptance to the Vancouver cohort this morning. Originally #15. :)

Congratulations that’s so exciting and encouraging! I know you emailed David last week asking about an update, did he ever respond to you? (Just trying to figure out how many spots behind you I might have been)

12 minutes ago, GonnabeanOT2023 said:

Congratulations that’s so exciting and encouraging! I know you emailed David last week asking about an update, did he ever respond to you? (Just trying to figure out how many spots behind you I might have been)

Yes, I got a response from him last Wednesday that I was position 4!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...