Premed 101 Forums

Cote R de 29 à 33

Salut,

Je suis étudiant actuellement à un cégep. Pour devenir médecin je vois qu'il faut au moins 33 de cote R. Malheureusement, selon plusieurs circonstances familiales, ma cote actuelle est de 29. Est ce qu'il y'a encore espoir de monter à 33? Y'a-t-il d'autre méthode ''secrète'' pour augmenter ma cote? (je suis étudiant en science de la nature profil santé, j'ai déjà fait 2 sessions)

22 hours ago, Tom Berns said:

Salut,

Je suis étudiant actuellement à un cégep. Pour devenir médecin je vois qu'il faut au moins 33 de cote R. Malheureusement, selon plusieurs circonstances familiales, ma cote actuelle est de 29. Est ce qu'il y'a encore espoir de monter à 33? Y'a-t-il d'autre méthode ''secrète'' pour augmenter ma cote? (je suis étudiant en science de la nature profil santé, j'ai déjà fait 2 sessions)

Je te dirais que c'est pas mal impossible de monter à 33 en 1 session. Je te conseille de te réessayer comme universitaire. Pour monter à 33, tu aurais besoin de 41 de cote R et c'est pratiquement impossible même avec juste des 100%. Par exemple, j'ai déja eu 39 de cote R pour un cours où j'avais eu 100%.

On 8/18/2023 at 11:26 PM, Bambi said:

When I was in CEGEP, my R score was 25 and I couldn't apply to med school then. In undergrad, I became a straight A student and went directly to med school, am a surgeon today. Try your best and if you don't make it from CEGEP, you will from undergrad. 

your post is in english so I don't understand the term ''undergrad'' what does that mean?

3 hours ago, Mathimatiquement said:

Je te dirais que c'est pas mal impossible de monter à 33 en 1 session. Je te conseille de te réessayer comme universitaire. Pour monter à 33, tu aurais besoin de 41 de cote R et c'est pratiquement impossible même avec juste des 100%. Par exemple, j'ai déja eu 39 de cote R pour un cours où j'avais eu 100%.

oui je comprends mais il y'a mal compréhension il me reste 2 sessions! Il me reste encore 13 cours à compléter. Je garde encore espoir! Mais que veux-tu dire par ''réessayer en tant qu'universitaire''? Malgré le fait que j'ai fait toute ma scolarité au cégep on ne m'a presque rien appris sur le système scolaire 

"undergrad" means undergraduate studies at university studying for my Bachelors Degree.

Even though I wanted medicine, I was too immature during Cegep. I realized that I needed to change my  work habits in university, I became highly motivated, academics were my main focus and I was exhausted at the end of each semester. I became a straight A student and got into medicine. Weekends were spent studying, except for Saturday evenings. As difficult as my university studies were, medical school was much more demanding. And residency created demands that I would have thought impossible. Remember, only in Quebec is there Cegep, with a potential fast route to medical school.  

18 minutes ago, Bambi said:

"undergrad" means undergraduate studies at university studying for my Bachelors Degree.

Even though I wanted medicine, I was too immature during Cegep. I realized that I needed to change my  work habits in university, I became highly motivated, academics were my main focus and I was exhausted at the end of each semester. I became a straight A student and got into medicine. Weekends were spent studying, except for Saturday evenings. As difficult as my university studies were, medical school was much more demanding. And residency created demands that I would have thought impossible. Remember, only in Quebec is there Cegep, with a potential fast route to medical school.  

I'm sorry if I sound stupid asking that again but I'm really unsure what you actually mean by that :( But I'm veryy interested by your story I find it sooo inspiring it really gave me hope even tho I'm not sure to fully understand! Even though I did all my education in Quebec in the years where I was supposed to have courses about the school system here Covid came in and wiped it all out! It would be very helpful and I really appreciate that you give me some of your time!

So, I've done some research about what you mean by undergraduate and found that you might be talking about the first cycle of university studies. Is that it? But, how did you do that with a R of 25? (As far as I understood you still went to university after cegep and in your very first years you just gave it all and were able to become a surgeon. What I don't understand is how did you get to university in the first place? What is the program that you were able to go in? Do you mean that you went in another program and had such impressing grades that you were able to take med courses?)

On 8/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, Tom Berns said:

oui je comprends mais il y'a mal compréhension il me reste 2 sessions! Il me reste encore 13 cours à compléter. Je garde encore espoir! Mais que veux-tu dire par ''réessayer en tant qu'universitaire''? Malgré le fait que j'ai fait toute ma scolarité au cégep on ne m'a presque rien appris sur le système scolaire 

Il te reste 2 sessions mais seulement les 3 premières sessions comptent pour l'université