Premed 101 Forums

Rejections

Guest NeuroObsessed

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rBurgundy

Well, I guess I'll be the first to respond to this post. Got my rejection today in the mail, dated Feb.10th. Grad student, so was in the graduate pool.

Didn't really expect to get an interview this year, but still hurts a little bit. But I guess that can be said for anykind of rejection, med school or not. Good luck to everyone else.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Rejections are no fun, sorry to hear about that, guys. :(

In terms of UofT mailings, in previous years they have mailed undergraduate and graduate rejection letters out in batches, so it was possible for undergraduate applicants and graduate applicants to receive news at around the same time.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest treehuggingbiologist

Hehe. PFO. Sounds almost like something you'd have to fill in when you apply.

OUAC, CGPA, EC, WE, PFO ... yup sounds about right.

Guest Yangzie

this UT board is weird...no one is posting what's going on...

few people are saying whether they heard or not...the same ppl are up here all saying they've heard nothing yet.

c'mon. post ppl post!

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

There's the possibility that the majority of folks here either haven't received any information from UofT yet, or have, and have posted that. You'd be surprised how many medical school applicants don't frequent this board.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest exmathie

Ok, people, you convinced me. My first post (been reading the forum on and off for about a year).

Still no word from UofT.

Interviews: Queen's, Western, McMaster

Rejected: Ottawa.

Last year my application was practically the same, except that now I have some additional volunteer and work/research experience. However this year, Ottawa doesn't want to interview me any more. Oh well. My last year's interview there was horrible.

I'll post when I get something.

Everybody else - please please do so too!

Guest treehuggingbiologist

Got my PFO today. Although i knew it was coming, still stings like hell. Oh well, i'll work off the frustration tommorrow at the gym.

Now if I can only focus enough to get through this midterm tommorrow morning ... :(

Guest abertn

Still waiting for an answer from UofT. I have an interview at University of Ottawa on Thursday (in French), got rejected from UBC and UDM (found out today on that last one). I'm in the grad pool and am assuming that no news is good news for now. My Ottawa interview is keeping me going right now, trying not to worry about the rest.

Guest UTMed07

It's PFO season again-- a sorry time of year. :| To all the rejectees out there-- hope another school likes you. That said, if you come out to fight another day the odds that you get in improve. Yours truly applied a few times.

Guest siobhansiobhan

Judging by the lateness of my PFO,

Perhaps it was a Maybe....no, PFO.

So, that's all the schools in Canada.

I'm honoured to have an interview at Albany in New York State, and I'm hoping to be successful there.

Siobhan

Archived