Premed 101 Forums

Hello all,

I am a kin student in ontario, looking for advice. I have a very good and competitive gpa however I lack lots of experience. I have been working as a physiotherapy assistant but I cannot say I have been doing very well with that. My plan is to apply to only uOttawa Masters in french and was wondering how much the CV is weighted. I can also do an extra year of my undergrad to become more involved & gain more experience in physio before applying. I don't really have that much volunteering experience aside from during highschool. I am scared to graduate and have no path!!!! My cgpa is currently a 9.88/10 but at this point im a good student with no good work experience, I have some that is trasnferrable but none with exercise prescription and I don't think that the PT I work with would be a strong reference. 

Please advise

• 4 weeks later...

You mentioned considering an extra year to gain more experience—this could be a good move, especially if you can use that time to get more involved in your field. Could you look into internships or research opportunities? What about reaching out to other PTs to possibly shadow them or get a better reference?
Also, when you do craft your CV, you'll want to make sure it's polished and presents your experience in the best light possible. If you're worried about how to phrase things, you might find the chatgpt prompts tool useful. It's an AI-based service that helps you generate professional bullet points for your resume.