Premed 101 Forums

Should I rewrite my DAT?

I interviewed for Western but didn't get accepted or waitlisted.

My DAT score is 19 RC, 20 AA, 23 PAT.

My GPA is 3.99. I have a few research experiences but only one related to dentistry. I have strong volunteer/club experiences. I don't have any shadowing experiences.

Should I rewrite my DAT?

Is my DAT score holding me back? What other ways can I improve my applications? (I'm going to look to build more experiences as well) 

Well since you got an interview it means the stats you have meet their threshold. It could've been the interview since we don't know how much it affects the application. But based on what you wrote, I think the RC part of your score might be a little low, especially if you plan to reapply next cycle since I believe the minimum was 19, at least in the previous years, and is subject to change so it might go up. Research and ECs are good and I don't think they necessarily have to be dental-related. Personally, I filled out the ABS and besides the section about dentistry, none of mine had to do with dental whatsoever. I do think shadowing is good though so try to get experience there. Your GPA is great though, if the other sections improve I feel like you have a great shot :)