Premed 101 Forums

McGill MDCM Fall 2024 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

TIME STAMP:  7h35

Result: ACCEPTED!!!!!

Casper Quartile: 4 (French)

GPA: 3.7

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt amazing about two stations and good about the others. Although there was one that was harder than the other ones. I was just myself and I think thats what paid off during the interview. I didn't realize I was doing an interview. 

Current year of study: Master in Physical Therapy

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: I’ve worked so hard for this achievement. Even with my low GPA, I always perceived and focused on my goal. Everything is possible, if you believe in it. Don’t stop chasing your dreams even if you feel that its impossible to reach. I feel amazing, I wish that on anyone who works hard for what they want!!! Can’t wait to meet the future cohort <3

6 minutes ago, ProspectiveMDDMD said:

Did they send out all the acceptances yet? I havent gotten anything, im probably thinking im on the waitlist

No not yet, it goes in waves until one (how it worked during the last few years)

3 minutes ago, Anatboy said:

No not yet, it goes in waves until one (how it worked during the last few years)

Im in a meeting right now and Im just freaking out I cant focus on anything. When do you think the next wave will be? I didnt lose my transcript box and I can still cancel so thats not a good sign.

2 minutes ago, ProspectiveMDDMD said:

Im in a meeting right now and Im just freaking out I cant focus on anything. When do you think the next wave will be? I didnt lose my transcript box and I can still cancel so thats not a good sign.

No idea, I’m travelling in Korea right now, I’m just waiting for a sign of life from them to go to sleep.

TIME STAMP: 9:10 am

Result: ADMITTED! MTL Campus

Casper Quartile: 4 (French)

GPA: 3.89/4 

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I prepared almost everyday leading up to the MMIs. I felt really good about 4 stations, and only okay about the rest! The overthinking on every response afterwards was hell!

Current year of study: finishing my second undergrad

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: This is my 4th time applying and after completing a BSc and a BA the work has finally paid off! Stay hopeful and don't give up if this is what you want to do!!

I received an offer on waitlist via e-mail around 5pm Europe time 

Result: waitlist under 20 MTL, under 10 OUT

Casper Quartile: 2nd 

GPA: 3.8

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): honestly I walked out thinking what the fuck and decided to forget about it

Current year of study: MSc graduate and currently working

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: This is my second time applying and interviewing. I was a little exhausted to do the whole process again so I went in with a complete yolo mindset and was completely myself in both the Casper and interview. Happy with the outcome. I was on the waitlist last year too for MTL. Keep pushing and don’t lose yourself in this process. All our hard work will pay off.