Premed 101 Forums

U of A 2024 Waitlist Support Thread

Creating a thread here instead of premedcanada oso that we can document for future waitlisted people as this site is a gem for the years to continue on.

For posterity as some might say. 

I am IP waitlisted for U of A. Praying that I get in and I hope that you all in the waitlist get a shot as well! Let's keep this thread going for acceptances off the waitlist and or people that have declined their offers in favour of another school. 

Cheers, 

As slurpee mentioned I too saw this old thread. I was able to follow the steps and see when my IP waitlist letter was created.

I downloaded the PDF of my waitlist letter, opened in Adobe Acrobat, right clicked the page and clicked document properties. My letter was created on May 3, 2024 at 6:43:29 PM

As a matter of potential intertest, many years ago I was on a WL for a med school in Quebec. About 80 days later, I finally got  off the WL and was accepted. Why me? Pure luck! It so happened that year the WL moved more than it ever had before in prior years and, therefore, I got in that year. I realized that I had a shot in early August when I was no. 4 on the WL and several days later, it was my turn. I wish you all the best of luck and hope this is the year for you guys! :P

31 minutes ago, azgofk said:

As slurpee mentioned I too saw this old thread. I was able to follow the steps and see when my IP waitlist letter was created.

I downloaded the PDF of my waitlist letter, opened in Adobe Acrobat, right clicked the page and clicked document properties. My letter was created on May 3, 2024 at 6:43:29 PM

Mine was created May 3, 2024 at 6:45 PM

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 2:17 PM, User1799 said:

My letter was created on May 3rd, at 5:26 pm. 

Has anyone heard about any waitlist offers going out? I think they are supposed to go out this week, but I have not heard anything.

Offers have been rolling. I haven’t received anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm posting here to archive dates and information on the waitlist movement for future UofA applicants. This cycle's WL seemed different from previous cycles. It was less rolling and more in waves.

Initial A/WL/R decisions came out on May 7, 2024, around 3-3:30 pm EST (all decisions were sent around this time) for both IP and OOP. They announced A offers off of the WL would start on the week of May 27. Some offers for applicants with special considerations came through on May 27, but regular applicants for both IP and OOP came on May 28. The deadline to accept these offers was June 11. On June 12, more offers came for both IP and OOP, with a deadline of June 19 to accept them. I am unaware of any offers sent out between the May 7, May 28 and June 12 waves. I assume there will be another wave on June 20.

Note that some reported not receiving an email about their offers but saw them on the portal.

Good luck to those still on the WL and to future applicants.