medical schools (Like UBC, Alberta) requires

1 full-year of English.

I heard that that can be replaced by an English

test as well.

Does that apply to students in Ontario?

Is everyone eligible for that?

Thanks for your time

Guest Lactic Folly

I'm not sure which English test you're referring to, but the UofA requires a full-year university English course. If you have a 6 or a 7 in higher level IB English, you will get credit for this course.

You need a full year of english for ubc, alberta, sask, and manitoba. I don't know about the rest, but UBC's English prereq can be skipped by challenging an exam. I don't know much about this option but I imagine that it'not as easy as simply "taking a test". Keep in mind that this test replaces a full year of study. Everyone's eligible to take the exam.

In general, I highly recommend taking a full year of English. It can not only help to improve written and oral communication skills but can open up alternate perspectives to analysis not typically offered through science programs.

Guest squeegy80

For Sask, they have specific English requirements. Not only do you need a full year of it, but one of the courses has to be an essay writing course and the other has to be a literature course. This fact recently screwed me over and I now have to take a third (literature) English course instead of an easy, fun elective I had planned to boost my GPA.

squeegy

Guest physiology

You have to have a degree by the time you graduate though if you want to take this English exemption test (ie, you can't apply during your third year without a degree).

Archived