Premed 101 Forums

u of t psychiatry

Guest pistachio

Guest pistachio

hey, has anyone attended or heard from someone else about the week-long Psychiatry Institute at U of T? It happens every year and is open to first and second year medical students...just wondering if people who have been there thought it was a good experience.

thanks

Guest hoping to get in

My best friend did the week long institute and loved it. She is now a resident in psychiatry at U of T so I'm pretty sure she would recommend it.

Guest bluesky125

Hi,

I will be attending the psyc week this year.

From what I see, it seems like a fun time :)

But I can tell you more about it after the event.

If you want further info: you can email <vince.chan@utoronto.ca> or Tina Martimianakis <tina.martimianakis@utoronto.ca>.

Here's a description of what they say in the email:

Date: June 6 - June 11, 2004.

We look forward to providing you with an action-packed week of exposure to the diverse field of psychiatry. The Institute will begin with a Welcome Barbecue on June 6 at Dr Jodi Lofchy's residence, which is located at 68 Heathdale Road

(between north St Clair Ave W and south Eglinton Ave W, west of Bathurst St).

The Institute will consist of a core program each morning at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) -- Clarke Dvision, which is located at 250

College St (the tall, white building on the northeast corner of Spadina Avenue and College Street) followed by a variety of elective placements each afternoon. An elective selection form will be sent to you at a later date so

that you have the opportunity to individualize your experience and tailor your exposure to areas of psychiatry that are most interesting to you.

We are lining up an exciting week of activities involving our keenest staff members, and look forward to showing you the best the University of Toronto's Department of Psychiatry has to offer.

Archived