Premed 101 Forums

books for cv pathophys

Guest moo

Guest stevetilley

FYI: Its on sale at chapters.indigo.com, + free shipping, I got mine for $43.07 tax in.

It think this is the 1st time I bought a text in advance, I'm not usually such a keener, hopefully I'll actually use it (unlike my Biochem text from last semester that remain literally unopened).

Thanks guys, I bought this book at our bookstore and it looks pretty good. Does anyone know anything about Thaler's THE ONLY EKG BOOK YOU'LL EVER NEED? Would I need it for the wards?

Guest mollybear

Yeah Dubin is good!

It does stink though - I thought it was just my roomate's copy but I got mine and there was a funky smell to it.

Anyways, Dubin is fun cause it feels like you are reading a storybook because of all the fill in the blanks!

I disliked the way Dubin is written (and the stink)...I have Garcia's as well and found it much more readable and more tolerable than Dubin. It is a fantastic book and goes much farther beyond Dubin...so will be more useful in the future if you need more than Dubin offers.

Guest Carolyn

I also didn't like Dubin -- too simplified. Ended up really liked Lilly's EKG sections which explained a lot of the nittygritty -- and then there is nothing more important than practicing lots and lots of EKGs.... there are lots of online resources... one resource I like as an emerg resident for both EKGs and treatment (although some is now mildly outdated as it started in late 90s) is the MI Newsletter put out by caep (Cdn Assoc of Emerg Physicians) - I believe you can get them at http://www.caep.ca - just use the search option...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soapyslicer

I got the 2nd edition of Lily for $2 on ebay. Know there is a newer one but it is just such a good book. Amazing what you can find when you look. Have been on the prowl for it for sometime.

soapy

I have to say that I love Dubin's! But maybe that is just because it is fun and has really amusing pictures. Simple works for me. I love Lilly's so much, too, but that is dealing with much more than just EKG's, of course.

Archived