Premed 101 Forums

how many ppl on waitlist?

Guest ssup

I'm wondering how many ppl are put on the waitlist and typically, how far down the waitlist they end up accepting? I realize that this will vary but i'm just looking for an approximation...

Guest kellyl20

Hmmmm...perhaps can look at last year's stats to figure out how many were on wait list. Offers, declines, # of seats? Anyways, they went into the "rejection after interview" list to make up the class last year; and this is a fact.

Guest not rex morgan

generally there are about 25 ppl on the waitlist. In past years, they have gotten through about half. Problem is, if you are waitlisted, you are not allowed to know where you stand on the waitlist...trust me, I tried when I was waitlisted. The good news is that last year, they blew through the entire waitlist and admitted people who had been outright rejected. It's hard to tell if this is a trend. Some speculated that it may have been because UBC raised their tuition and many took offers at other schools.

Guest bearman14

Hey not rex morgan,

You mentioned UBC increased their fees last year, and I have heard that from other applicants, but all I can find on the UBC web site is that their tuition is $6,545.00, which seems really cheap to me (by comparison, of course :P ). Can you let me know if it is more than that, and they just haven't updated their site, or if that is the actual cost (at least for the present year). Thanks.

Guest not rex morgan

When I started meds in 2001 tuition was 4000. It went up to 6500 for the entering class this year (it was partially grandfathered for us, we payed 5600 this year). Tuition next year is going up to 7800, and the next could be up to 10,000. Last year the cap was raised and their was alot of speculation that it would go up to 10,000. Compared to U of T, tuition may seem relatively cheap, but UBC has been talking about raising tuition to be comparable to U of T. Sooooo, tuition has been a major concern for alot of people.

Guest not rex morgan

i hear ya. I was right there. There are some sick people out there that have really good marks and horseshoes up their..well you know, who will be in a position to chose between a few schools. (no offense to horseshoe fanatics).

Archived