Premed 101 Forums

Physics transfer credits

Guest CoconutSmasher

Guest CoconutSmasher

Hey guys,

I'm about to start at Langara (back to square one at my age!) and need to take my Physics. Wondering if anyone can tell me if the transfer equivalent to UBC Phys 100 + UBC (3) is sufficient for most life science programs (I will transfer to UBC next year). I will most likely take something like Physiology, Molecular Bio., that sort of thing.

The transfer site says that the 1st and 2nd Langara courses equate to those above and "Phys 101 exempt". I'm not sure if that satisfies the requirement at UBC of "Phys 101 and 3 more physics credits".

Any help would be great. The departments at UBC have been somewhat lethargic with a response.

Peace,

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447580</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>How do I pay for med school?</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>sparkle</username>

<dateline>1116440940</dateline>

<title>How do I pay for med school?</title>

<pagetext>I'm very excited to get into UBC but a bit worried about working out my finances and not able to make it to the Financail Aid session on June 21.

I'm applying for BC student loan but I suspect that won't be enough money to cover everything. How much should I expect to get in student loans? Is it any more than for undergrad? (I have zero assets, about $500 life savings, already own about $30,000 in student loans, plan to live on my own, etc.etc.etc) :(

So I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to stuff like this but I need to figure out where $$$ for med school is gonna come from and so far, it just ain't working :( Geez, I just learned what LOC stands for :o and still wonder if a loan is better if interest is lower? Or can I get both?

I read about LOC in the financial assistant booklet UBC gave out. Are LOC negotiable or do I just go to the bank and say: "I'll take one of those, a LOC"

Plus, Appendix B of the booklet showed that some banks want payment after graduation whereas some want payment after residency...other stuff being equal. Then, isn't it obvious that which bank I'll take a LOC from (Bank of Montreal looked best overall)? Or it there something I'm missing in my consideration? And does it matter which branch of a bank I deal with (i.e. is closer to school or where I live more important or don't matter?)

Thanks for any help you guys may have :)

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1117551360</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>How do I pay for med school?</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<dateline>1117551360</dateline>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived