Premed 101 Forums

Accepted from the waitlist?

Guest vincecarterxv

Guest not rex morgan

Well, the only advice I can give you is not to get depressed. I know people are making statements like "you should be flattered," and you are thinking "yeah, some good that is." It is true, you should be flattered, you did much better than others. When you interview next year, you'll exude confidence if you sincerely take the waitlisting as a sign of making it that much closer. Just try not to spend the next few months in the dumps and not do anything.

Guest monksters

Just got acceptance email today from UBC!!! So excited, can hardly type this message. I feel so lucky!

Wrote the MCAT 3 times!

first time V: 03, B:11 PS:11 W: P

second time V:05, B:11, PS:12 W: P

third time: V:08, B:11 PS:09 Writing sample:L at first then an "O" upon having it remarked

Applied first time and got rejected from UBC with only the one interview

Applied again and got interviews at MAC, Calgary and UBC only to be waitlisted by all three!!

Then finally, this morning got the good news. And UBC is still my first choice! Still hard to believe. I am so lucky have had my family and friends support me through this long process. It is scary to go back to school after 3 years of being out but also extremely exciting. Now I'm looking forward to 3 weeks of travelling in Costa Rica to practice my espanol! Good luck to all those waiting. Keep the faith!

Guest canstowski

Congrads monkster! Feel so happy for you! :b

So glad to see your waiting is over. ;)

I wish i can say the same but i didn't get anything today. I guess my waiting lingers! |I

Ah well, i'm not expecting much anymore. :\

Guest Tylexia

Canstowski,

No worries...I'm on the ubc waitlist and I haven't been accepted yet. But school doesn't start until the end of August, so there's still plently of time to get that email! (just being optimistic....:) )

Guest monksters

Hi Cantowski,

You are not the only one. I was thinking much the same way prior to today. I been accepted at grad school but was going to decline so that I could apply another time. If Medicine is what you want to do then you will get there (especially since you already made the waitlist). When I got onto the waitlist after being rejected the first time, I thought to myself... They would not put me on the waitlist if they could not see me practicing as a physician. It will just take some time. It could take another application but then again it could be next week. And here I am.... Just keep believing.

warm regards

m

Guest canstowski

Tylexia, I sure can rub some optimism off of you as i've been somewhat pessimistic about my chances |I

I hope we can both get in ;)

Monksters, you are right about everything and i do believe, well, at least i'm trying to. I know i'm not the only one but being in my position in july kinda ruins the summer :(

Archived