Premed 101 Forums

Accepted from the waitlist?

Guest vincecarterxv

Guest vincecarterxv

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been accepted from the waitlist? I know the acceptance deadline is june 13, but I couldn't help but ask.

Edited to get rid of the all-capital letters. Please don't post using all-caps as it's tough to read. Thx! -Ian

Guest westcoastgrrl

The waitlist is moving one spot...I was accepted first round & am declining. Sent my form today...Good luck.

Guest canstowski

thank goodness someone is declining UBC's offer.....i'm on the waitlist and want in!! bad!! (since i only apply to UBC) :P

Guest also in limbo

thought i'd start this one up again.

i know people on the waitlist began getting offers this time last year (since ontario has sent out offers) - has anyone heard??

Guest tinee007

I think that there has been about a 2 week delay with everything this year (maybe cuz of the strike)...so I would expect ppl to hear about 1-2 weeks from now...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vincecarterxv

well the 13th was the last day to accept. They probably started sending out letters on monday the 16th. So, anyone been activated from the LIST?

Guest canstowski

Yea i wanted to ask the same question too!

I actually e-mailed Joy today but she still hasn't replied. I dunno if she is going to though |I

Guest lsmed

I think i KNOW you. Could you tell me if you go to UofT downtown? You are in 3rd year going into your fourth. if not, my apologies.

Guest also in limbo

weeeeeeeeeeeee!!! just got an email from joy about half an hour ago - it was a heads up for acceptances off the waitlist!!!!! i hope many of you got the same email! i already replied by email to say i'm accepting, as it is my first choice!! this is soooo surreal... :rollin

for those still waiting, i will be removing myself from the queen's, toronto, and oop calgary waitlist, so things are certainly moving!!!

Guest vincecarterxv

Hi everyone,

I just got accepted from the waitlist. It was an email. Good luck for everyone else on the waitlist! I am sure that many of you who have not recieved an email will in the next little while.

Just so you guys know, I have two friends who have recently graduated from UBC med. Both of them got called a day or two before classes started, and they were both in the top 15% of their class and got the residencies they preffered.

Guest monksters

Hi Cantowski,

I'm right there waiting with you. No email for me either today:\ Darn wonder if the first wave of acceptances from the waitlist are all over???

Cheers

m

Guest canstowski

Hey Monkster,

U would think its over since it takes fairly little time to e-mail people |I

Is there a second wave though?

Guest physiology

Hello,

My friend who works in the same lab as me, got an email yesterday confirming that she had been accepted off the waitlist.

I read part of the email, it's like "You've been given a "heads up" on admission..If you've been accepted at other medical schools or are on waitlists for others, please notify us ASAP..blah blah blah"

You have until July 11th to accept if you've been given a position off the waitlist.

As a side note, two others who work in my same lab got into med this year as well, all at UBC!

Cheers,

Physiology

Guest physiology

Canstowski,

The waitlist moves depending on when people refuse their offers of admission.

For example, some graduate students apply in the year that they expect to finish their thesis. Therefore, they are granted conditional acceptances or conditional off-the-waitlist acceptances.

If they do not finish their grad work in time, they must refuse their acceptance.

So there's still a chance, if that's any consolation.

Guest vincecarterxv

Canstowski,

The next wave should be a week or so after July 11. That's the deadline for accepting UBC's offer of admission for those recently selected. I know of one person who says she has been waitlisted at three schools; UBC is one of them, but it is not her first choice. Though I'm not sure what her immediate status is. Also, if you read my last post, I know of two people who got called literally last minute by UBC!

if you get in, enough said, but from now until the last minute you should be planning on how to impove your application for 2004. Being on the waitlist is definetely a compliment. Remember, there is not much time between now and October 1. So plan on things to improve on.

hopefully this year will turn out like last year and everyone on the waitlist will get in. I am one who believes that there is a miniscule difference between say person number 110 and 150. The difference is probably in an understandably subjective interview.

Good luck, work hard, don't stress out much, be positive, and... pray a little...

Guest me maniac

in limbo,

Whoooohooooo! I knew you would get into med school! and UBC to top it all off! Way to go! I may be seeing you in the fall.... havent' heard from Calgary.... yet. I guess your parents are thrilled to have you back in-province, huh? When are you moving back?

I haven't been checking this forum much lately .... I'm moving out tomorrow!

Have a great summer and maybe we'll see you on August 25th.

Mandy

Guest canstowski

Thanks vincecarterxv, yea i just gotta be realistic and start preping for next year's application. The thing is, i dont' even know of my stat for this year's application. In addition, i can't set up a meeting with joy to talk about my application because i'm still on the waitlist. sigh~ I dunno what to improve on my application |I

Archived