Premed 101 Forums

Out of Town Interviews

Guest exhumedcorpse33

Guest exhumedcorpse33

I've heard that UBC interviews those that live outside of Vancouver a bit later in the process. Any truth to this? I'm a BC resident but go to school in Ontario. Thanks :)

Guest mirrille

I can't confirm this for sure. However, there is an info session and a wine-and-cheese social for interviewees some time in the early spring, I think it was March. I got the impression that alot of out-of-towners were having their interviews around that time. Now, it would make sense if you were only going to run one info session in the whole admission cycle to have all the people who have to come from elsewhere interviewing at that time, so that they could also make it. I don't know if in reality UBC was that smart, and this is mere speculation on my part. Nevertheless, UBC does interview people well into March, so if you don't have your invite yet, its not time to panic.

I applied to UBC last year as a BC resident living in Nova Scotia. I was interviewed at the same time as the oop students (I think it was around the 10th of March). I was notified by email a little over a month before my interviews.

Good luck!

Archived