Premed 101 Forums

Deadline before accepting the offer?

Guest TKP 123

Guest TKP 123

Hi,

Did anyone who got in last yr or the yrs before know when the last day is for you to take the offer? (ie mailing back the acceptance form, etc...)

The reason I asked is that I won't be back to Vancouver until end of this month, and would really wonder if I should plan my trip home earlier to get those paper work done.

Thanks.

Guest Kels2004

I believe the letter said 2 weeks - I was in England so I had my mom send the letter and money in on my behalf, and I emailed the admissions office to confirm, I think.

Congrats on your acceptance!

K

Guest Kels2004

Hi TKP - I pulled out my old letter to check - although of course this year's letter may be different...

The letter was dated May 19, I think I got it may 24... and the letter requested all the documents and $ be in by June 11 or else the offer would be withdrawn. So a bit more than 2 weeks once the letter was in my hands - I am sure once this years letters arrive someone will post this years deadline and give you some peace of mind.

Cheers,

Kels

Guest TKP 123

Thanks, Kels2004 and Koca.

It is hot here in Hong Kong, and I think that Vancouver is a much better place to live.

TKP

Guest kakashifan

just got the thick white envelope.

deadline is Fr June 3, 2005.

only $300 for non-refundable deposit.

yay! it's official!

Guest baloobizoo

For those who are waiting to hear from med schools in Ontario, do you think we will have enough time to respond to UBC after hearing from the Ontario schools?

I am a little bit worried that we won't receive our letters from Ontario before we have to decide whether to accept UBC's offer.

Also, if we accept UBC's offer, will we be automatically removed from the lists at other schools? Any insights would be appreciated! Thanks.

Guest nucleardove

I'm a bit concerned about the above too. Toronto is my first choice, but I'll be in France as of June 1st, which complicates things a bit (e.g. time to mail things, etc.).

Surely UBC realizes that *many* people are waiting on OMSAS. My first instinct (paranoid though it is) is to accept at UBC, and withdraw later if Toronto comes through. (To avoid cutting it too close with UBC, thereby having *no* offers if Toronto doesn't pan out.) However, I really don't want to be parted from $300 (the deposit) either.

Hmmmmm.

ND

Guest VwDubber
hmm... so altho you're not automatically removed from lists, the schools do share applicants names right?
Omsas releases the names of applicants who have accepted once the "firm" deadline has passed. This doesn't happen until mid-summer though if I remember correctly.

Not sure about the other schools without a centralized application service.

----------------------------

http://www.futuredoc.ca/forums

Guest nucleardove
i know how you feel but i would pay the $300 and get peace of mind.

Good point. Definitely lovin' the peace of mind-- think I'll bite the bullet and send them the cash, especially given that communication might be a bit difficult from overseas.

ND

Guest koca

Ah someone already beat me to it. I just got home and opened my mail....my envelope wasn't white...lol

anyhoo, TKP, you also need to send in 2 original copies of any coursework completed since application deadline.

Archived