Premed 101 Forums

Appeals process

Guest not rex morgan

Guest not rex morgan

Just curious. I know alot of you were talking about appealing. This discussion may have continued in another thread, but I don't have time to read the long posts in some of the threads right now. (exams). Anybody have any luck with the appeals process?

Guest BCgirl

I think people might have to have their advising sessions before they can appeal. Mine isn't until the end of June, but I really doubt I would end up appealing.

The percentile mistake was made just in the "letters of regret" due to an error in excel or something like that. The ad com used the raw scores when making the decisions.

Is anyone going to appeal?

Guest helmet33

I will be! I have already placed it in motion(appeal letter is in). I was also told that the raw scores were used and that 81%ile, my new mark on my interview, was below the cutoff. As that is statistically impossible for 351 candidates and 128 seats not to mention the waitlist, and as they have put it in writing that that is why I didn't get in I am going ahead with the appeal. My meeting is next week so if there is anything about the numbers that don't make sense I will let people know. My concern is the time limit to appealing to med and to the senate(if it comes to that).

not rex morgan - you should be studying girl - didn't you procrastinate enough yesterday?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maniac

Helmut33,

How is your appeal process going? I, too, am considering appealling now that I've had my adivising session. Who have you talked to and what info were they able to provide?

Archived