Premed 101 Forums

Schedule for next year

Guest DudeA

Guest DudeA

I'm a high schools student right now and i'm planning on attending UBC next year. Looking through the academic calendar, I looked up all the required courses that I need for my second year program and my med pre-reqs, however, I have a few questions regarding my first year schedule.

Firstly, I was wondering if it's advantageous to have ALL my lectures on Mon\Wed\Fri(which are only 50 mins each) and have my labs on either Tues or Thurs with a day off?

Secondly, are tests\quizzes for science courses at UBC written in tutorials or out of class? are they on the same day as lectures(I don't want to have 5 tests on the same day if I take all my lectures on Mon\Wed\Fri)?

I would really appreciate any help.

Guest bc guy

it is nice to have a day off. midterms are written during lecture slots and lab quizzes are written during lab slots but the finals are written on the days they are scheduled for ie not necessarily all together even if you had taken them on the same days for the lectures. Whatever you decide for your schedule for your lectures, it should have no bearing on your finals timetable. That was the way it was for me for the past 5 years.

Archived