Premed 101 Forums

My suggestion for interview practice!

Guest NACHO174

Guest NACHO174

For those of you who cannot find anyone to practice with use a web cam or if your desperate use your own personal video recorder, its interesting watching yourself give answers...you can pick out your posture, eye contact, etc weaknesses...when you watch it back, try to find areas where the interviewer may interject and ask you questions and prepare for that...MMI people dont really need to worry about off-topic and on-topic interjections officially as they usually just stare at you, but it might happen, and it has happened! :) ...it happened to me last year...i had very chatty interviewers with acception to two of them...the question was specifically an ethical scenario, i answered it and i was then given a question from left field completely unrelated to the posted question on the door...so there you go!

Thats my bit for today! :)

Nacho,

Guest NACHO174

Hey Opiedog,

Maybe we were?...i forget the day, but it was the second day in the afternoon i think...i've repressed the whole rejection thing hahaha

When is your interview date now? mine is April 1, 2pm. I hope they have a good april-fools joke to ease the stress hehehe

Nacho,

Hi Nacho and Opiedog,

I remember talking with your last year Opiedog on the forum. We were both on the waiting list and I guess I'm still waiting so to speak. haha. I have an interview again this year, so fingers crossed. =) How are you liking the classes etc? I have an email on this forum too, I think. I haven't used this in so long.

Nacho, I'm wondering if you interviewed in TBay or Sudbury last year? I was Sudbury, but the first day and in the p.m. We have the same date and time this year. I'm hoping April fool's is especially funny this year and in a good way!

Guest opiedog

Hi KerriD!

The program is definitely what I expected, but the amount of time that I spend seeking specific info is much more than I anticipated. I used to freak out about not having any study time left, but realise now that "study time" and "work time" amount to the same thing.

The group here is really supportive of each others learning (a definite strength of this class), and if anyone is ever needing help with a topic there is always someone willing to lend a hand. I can honestly say that if I've ever emailed any of the facilitators, a response is back in an amazingly short amount of time.

Good luck on your interview, having gone through it already, you will be one step ahead of the game!

Opie

Guest opiedog

Being on a waiting list is what purgatory must feel like. I was on the list too, and it was a very tense time.

You will hear that you shouldn't give up until the last dog is hung, and that is very true. We even had a new class member join us after we had been in orientation for a week, so never give up even if you hear the class acceptances are closed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anna Maria

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time using this forum, as I didn't even know it existed!!! I have a friend who's in the charter class in Sudbury, and he mentioned this to me!!! I think its great!!! I too, had an interview last year in Thunder Bay, and fortunately I have another this year in Sudbury on April 2nd at 10:30am.

Before I go, I just wanted to say thanks to those who have been providing the awesome questions, and the feedback as well!!! It'll definitely help my interview prep go alot smoother this year!! I look forward to chatting with all of you in the weeks to come!! Take care!!

Anna :)

Archived