Premed 101 Forums

# of people accepted

Guest superchargedman

Guest professore76

I wish i could say the same. LOL. 4 more students would have been nice. Every other school will increase enrolment by 2009. I guess the government is holding off on increasing #s at NOSM until the charter class members graduate? Indeed, the government has already increased the class size from 0 to 56.

Guest northerndoc

NOSM will probably stay the same size of class until they recieve complete accredetation. NOSM as a school has yet to recieve this... most say that it is a "rubber stamp" kind of thing, but it is a process in which the school, curriculum and the charter class are evaluated once or twice a year to ensure that the standards of education set down by the College of Physicians and Surgeons are being met. Technically if all hell was to break lose (which is incredibly, incredibly unlikely) NOSM could be not accredited, which would mean big things for those of us who have changed our lives to be here. So until NOSM has been officially approved (2009, when the charter class graduates) it will probably stay a similar size... though never say never as far as governmental decisions and opening of new medical school seats.

Archived