Premed 101 Forums

Any OOPs waitlisted or accepted?

Guest Bleepo

Guest Bleepo

Hey, what happened to all you interviewed OOPs out there? MDSMeliisa? nextstopmd? It's getting a little lonely here ...hehe ... Well, hopefully this is a sign you guys have received good news from memorial (too caught up in the moment right now?!?!..hehe)!

Guest nextstopmd

Hey Bleepo, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've been on vacation in Montreal for a few days! When I got back, I had a nice little present from Memorial, a rejection letter. Since this was the second time I had an interview and I felt I made a lot of improvements in both my application and interview this year, I was really disappointed in their decision, to say the least. Not to mention all the money to go out there twice hehe... :eek

I know many of the OOP students aren't totally into going to Memorial, but I was really excited about potentially going there (mostly since I have family there and have spent some time in St. John's growing up). So much for that. Not even on the waiting list! Ah well, I've still got a few shots at it elsewhere, but Memorial was probably my second choice.

I will be getting my application reviewed (once again) in the summer, even if I end up going somewhere else, just to hear what they were looking for this year. Best of luck to you and congrats on your waiting list letter! Did anyone actually get in or what?

Guest Chillibow

Hey NextStop:

I'm sorry to hear about the rejection from MUN. I would considerate it their loss.

Can I ask what your background was going into the second appication? I understand you have a very interesting background - I would be interested in seeing what you brought to the table.

Good luck with the other schools,

Take Care,

Guest Bleepo

I'm sorry to hear the news :( I'm quite disappointed in their decision as well. You seemed like a very down to earth, sincere person, and we need more of those types of people as doctors!

There is still a lot of subjectivity in the interview process. It really depends on your interviewers. Do you feel they connected with you or liked you? You should definitely call and find out what they were looking for this time. I do know that my interviewers were really keen on the fact I mentioned that I was interested in rural medicine. If this applies to you as well, maybe you should make a point of it next time if you apply again. Either way, as long as you gave it your best shot and felt that you had improved, that's a step forward.

Were you on the waiting list last year? What other schools have you been interviewed at? Perhaps you'll end up getting your first choice! ;)

And as for who got in, beats me! Although when I called MUN, they said they hadn't even decided on the number of offers to OOP yet!??! So maybe they're not all out yet. I'm not sure how their review process works. They were very secretive about numbers. Do they tell you anything about it during the application review session?

Archived