Premed 101 Forums

Wait List

Guest nby

Hi, I've been waitlisted by MUN (as a NB resident).

I was wondering how many positions are on this list?

And if that is known, does anyone know on average how many of these positions are used?

Thanks

Guest Carpedium

I think that there are about 6-7 seats on the waiting list, but I'm not sure. Does anyone kwow if all of the letters are sent out at the same time for acceptances and waitlists?

I'm not sure, but I do know a NB resident who already got her acceptance letter, I got my wait list letter, and I have heard of people getting rejection letters so I'm assuming...

Guest Carpedium

I'm assuming the worst too :( who knows though! I wish you luck!! I called this morning and asked the admissions secretary a few questions and she gave me the impression that there still could be a few accptance letters on the way, but I could be reading into things!! Do you know of anyone else that may have been accepted?? Are you in the Frederciton area??

I'm in Hfx (Dal student) but from the Saint John area

I'm not about to call and harrass the so far amazingly helpful ladies in the office, once i get desperate (ie. hear from other schools) that may change.

My friend from home (KV) got her acceptance letter last week, and I one of my friends in hfx's roomate got her acceptance letter last week too.

That's 20% of hte NB seats right there.

Good luck to you too bud

Guest Carpedium

I hear you! The ladies at the Admin. Office have been more than fantastic!! and I'm sure that they did not mind the few concerns and questions that I had re application. I hope you get in! bye for now.

Guest festering turtle

Hi,

Just wondering where you got the 6-7 number for waitlist length. Is it a good guess or did you hear/read something?

Thanks,

FT

Guest Carpedium

A few years ago a friend of mine was on the wait list and that was the estimate she was given.. It may have changed though.. best of luck..:)

Just a heads up for all of you chilling on the wait list with me:

MUN mails you a letter aknowledging you agreed to stay on the wait list.

So when you get a letter from MUN open it before you start the high fives.....

• 1 month later...

I just called the admissions office and while on the phone i asked what my rank was on the wait list, or "reserve list". They told me they will not release that info, but I'm sure I remember talking to people who knew theirs. Does anyone know of this being the case or is my imagination running away?

PS - synthetic organic chemistry must die

nby

Archived