Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisted.. Any ideas of what to do?

Guest candace13

Guest candace13

Hi, I just found out last week I'm on the reserve list (still hoping to get in). I called the school and I can't book an appointment with the dean until I'm offically rejected. I'm trying to make some plans on what to do next year if I don't get in. I was wondering if anyone had and suggestions or if anyone knows of any charity groups that I could do some travelling/volunteering with. I feel like I just can't sit around and wait for September.

Guest lolaloo

Hi there,

I applied for an internship in Namibia working on an HIV/AIDS project with the Center for International Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto. I actually had my interview for it this morning! If you go to www.csih.org/ it lists a variety of internships available, and then if interest is shown in your application it is forwarded to the individual agency. By doing an internship you don't have any money coming out of your pocket, they pay for you plane ticket, lodgings, and give you a living allowance vs volunteering.

Best of luck getting off the waitlist, but if you don't there are plenty of neat things to do until the next application cycle :)

Archived