Premed 101 Forums

Looking for Roommates

Guest mlongpre

Guest mlongpre

Anyone looking for a roommate for September?

If anyone has a share house with an extra room or if a couple people want to look for a place let me know.

Michelle

Guest Pashmina

Hi everyone,

I'm also looking for housing for september in the UBC area. If anyone is looking for a roomy around that time please let me know.

M

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Novoulmi

I am interested in a shared house with several roommates (preferably going through medicine aswell). However, I'm in the IMP program and so ideally if I could find several other people in the IMP or PG, we could rent a house for the 4 month semester. If not, I would feel guilty leaving people stranded (literally, as I sail away on the BC Ferrie) after the 4 month semester.

Anyone interested... Son?

Novo

Guest SonoftheSon

I concur Novo!

I'm in the NMP and feel the same way. It shouldn't be a problem finding others...perhaps a separate thread would be appropriate for this purpose?

Son

Guest McCarey007

I'm starting to look for housing in Sept. as well. I'm the VFP so I'll be looking for housing for the whole year.

It would be cool to have a small group of 1st year meds together. It's kinda a difficult though without knowing what type of person everyone is...(i.e. male vs female, age, quiet, loud, preferences for all female or male etc etc.)

Guest Novoulmi

Son,

I started a thread on this topic a while back which didn't get much attention and since then has been bumped to the second page :( It could be easily revitalized and, as time passes and people start thinking on the matter, get more interest.

McCarey,

I think what would be cool is if we could judge what kind of interest there is out there for 1st yr med-roommates, and then go abouts playing matchmaker.

If anyone outthere is somewhat interested it this idea, just add on and we can determine the interest level.

Cheers,

Novo

Guest soapyslicer

Hi,

If you can come to dinner after the financial session. That at least will introduce you to some of you class mates and who knows you may really hit it off with some of them.

Soapy

Guest Novoulmi

Soapy,

I'd love to come to the dinner, but being on the island and having mid-week obligations prevents me from making the trip.

Novo

Guest McCarey007

Novoulmi,

I just took a look at your old thread. Looks like you got lots of company from your fellow IMP classmates. Have you guys had any luck getting things together?

There seems to be some sparse interest in getting housing with a group of 1st year meds. I wonder if UBC has something more "official" to help all the 1st years find housing...I believe UT has something like this.

Guest mlongpre

Hi guys,

I know a lot of people are going to be leaving after Dec to go to Vic or UNBC. I have a place to live for the first semester but after that i will be needing a room to rent for the second semester. So if anyone is looking for someone to split the year with and let me know.

Michelle

Guest SonoftheSon

Hey Guys,

It looks like we all have the same thing in mind and Novo, I think your right about the interest level - it will start to increase.

Great idea about all hooking up for dinner Soapy, unfortunately I can't make it.:( As far as the financial seminar goes, I'm confident that I won't need that as I intend to win the lottery by then!:eek

McCarey,

UBC does have something "official". All of this info is available through victoria.lambert@ubc.ca. I spoke to her earlier and she is stoked about getting roomies together. Legally, however, she is unable to exchange our info at this time and is trying to figure out a way to do so. I would love to play match maker, but my plate runith over at this time! I'm way too busy until about the second week in July.

Michelle,

I'm sure we'll all be able to work this out and study happily ever after...lets keep in touch!

Son

I'm moving from Victoria and would love to rent a house if possible. If it's feasible, it might make sense to send a message out to other forums (eg. law, grad, etc., if they exist) to reach other people in the same boat as us. This might also provide some diversity of interest as well, which is usually a positive thing.

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the dinner tomorrow night but I plan on going over to look at places next week.       

Hey there!

I'm in the NMP and am in the same boat as most of you....need somewhere to live for four months!! I don't know what the best way to go about pairing off would be...I'd be into getting a house or something, but I think it'd be hard to do for only four months. Roomie or no roomie, I'd be stoked to meet people in the NMP, I guess we're going to get to know each other real well in the next little while, so we might as well start now. Drop me a line if you want to get a coffee and talk housing!

-dan-

Guest Tara191

Hi everyone!

I've been speaking with many med students about the ideal location to live and I've decided that somewhere between Heather street and Burrard/Granville would be nice. This way you're a little removed from campus (and rent is cheaper here and I could afford an apartment) and I'll be close to VGH. There are some great apartments in this area and rent isn't bad at all. Are there any female students that would be interested in apartment hunting with me?

Thanks!

Guest Ollie

Hi Tara191,

I tried to send you a message to your EZinbox, but you don't have it enabled. Anyways, I am moving out of my apartment for my big move to UofT, and my roomie is looking for a replacement! Our place is on West 16th between Granville and Fir, and it is an awesome apartment! You can EZinbox me with your e-mail address and I can give you all the info (I believe there are instructions on here somewhere about how to enable your inbox). Or if you're having issues with that and you don't mind posting your email on here you could do that to.

Guest Tara191

Hi Ollie!!

Wow that's great news! I'd love to hear more about your place. I'm actually having trouble sending you a message and so I'll just list my email info here: tracy_chandler@alumni.sfu.ca. My name is actually tracy (...my name and password were accidentally mixed up).

Great! Ok I guess I'll hear from you soon!

Tracy

Guest kellyl20

know of a med student that is vacating a week before the end of August. Think the place (east Vancouver) is available for 4 months @ 380 per month which includes utitlities.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tryptophan589

I'm another NMP student, currently living in PG. There are 2 more of us up here that I know about. Current numbers from talking to the dean said there were 17 of us accepted to the NMP that chose NMP as our first choice and 3 more that accepted; still waiting to hear if we get the other 4.

Heather

Hi everyone,

It's getting to be that time and I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in getting together to look for a house or apartment. I've been looking online and 2 and 3 bedroom places are considerably cheaper relative to 1 bdrm ones. I'm from Victoria and was planning on going over to Vancouver this weekend to look at some places. Vacancy notices should be rolling in by midnight today so the lists should move soon. If anyone's interested, let me know.

c

Archived