Premed 101 Forums

AAMC Material

Guest AAMC

Guest Ian Wong

Heya V,

Does it actually mention on the AAMC materials that re-selling them used is forbidden? I'm currently operating under the assumption that once you buy the materials, that you can sell them once you are done with them. What I had issues with was someone else who actually planned to photocopy the materials and then distribute the photocopies and not the original documents.

If it's actually illegal to re-sell the originals (and I don't see how that would be enforceable), that changes everything.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

I always was under the assumption that buying material does not render the copyright laws unforceable.... in other words, once you buy it, you are subjected to the same rules as if you hadn't. I though of the music example. If you bought a CD, burned a copy for a friend (or put it on napster) then you are still breaking copyright laws.

If these laws weren't in place, one person could buy the AAMC material, and photocopy hundreds of copies and sell them for a big discount on sites like these, and make huge profits. Today it is hard to tell if it is the real or photocopied version you are getting!!!!

However, this is only my assumption. I may be wrong.

Guest examsales

the real thing is stapled and bound neatly, and if whoever

is selling you stuff that looks like photocopies or printouts

be warned that you are breaking the law.

Archived