Premed 101 Forums

for rejected candidates

Guest jjd32

Guest jjd32

Sorry to us all who received rejection letters. When I got mine I was quite disappointed.....but I bet all of you felt that way.

One curiosity I have is how far off from that 39.2 acceptance cutoff was everyone? Is it that once you get the 39.2 then you are at minimum on the waiting list?

I was really upset since I got 39.13/50, which was 0.07 away from that cutoff. Just wondering if others are experiencing the same thing or if it's just some pure bad luck on my side.

jjd32

Guest Ollie

Hi,

I assume you are referring to your combined academic/non-academic score. I believe that 39.2 number is the average for accepted applicants. It's not a cut-off for admission or waitlist. At "final selection" they will consider all your academic averages (overall, last 60, pre req), non-academic score, interview score, MCAT, and who knows what else. So don't be too worried about that 39.13. It means you solidly made the cut-off for interview. The only time when the cut-off is a hard and fast rule is for granting interviews. I know cause I had a score of 34.49/50 and the cut-off for interview was 34.5. Thus no interview for me. But no worries since I am off to UofT instead! Anyways, you should definitely go in for a feedback meeting to clarifiy where you can improve.

Guest sparkle

Ollie,

Wow! 0.01 away from the cut-off!!! What a rip, eh? (as we Canadians say;) ) But congrats with UofT, Ollie!!

jjd32,

...i can't remember my exact file review score but it was somewhere in the 40's and i didn't get waitlisted...so like Ollie said, its probably just for interview cutoffs...they consider many many many other things for acceptance

Archived