Premed 101 Forums

Bursary Selection??

Guest Mimimowmow

Guest Mimimowmow

I think I saw some post earlier discussing that the Bursary selection is based on the amount of the government loan received. I just realized that the registrar made a mistake on the total weeks of class when they fill out my loan application which reduce my maximum amount...ahhh |I .

Anyone know wut other things they look at for Bursary, just want to know how likely am I going to get it or it means dive deep into my LOC..>_<.

Hi. I'm assuming that you are referring to the differential bursaries. These are awarded based on a number of criteria. Student loans are only one measure of your financial need. Basically they look at your costs and your resources/assets and calculate a "short-fall". If you don't have a short fall then you are not eligible. Then they look at things like current student loan debt, any other debt/extenuating circumstances etc. This way they hope to get an accurate picture of your financial situation. The applications will be available on-line in september and somebody will be talking to your class about them at some point during orientation I think.

Archived