Premed 101 Forums

IP waitlist movement

Guest Impatient

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Salkh

hey guys - I'm in! I got the call from Marlene this morning. So happy I don't have to rewrite my MCAT this August! Good luck to everyone still waiting - I'm going to keep checking this thread. Hope to see you all in September!

Guest anxiously

Congrats Sally!!

They called just in time to give you an extra reason to celebrate canada day! Enjoy the next two months of wait-free fun and throw away the MCAT books.

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Congrats Sally!!! Guess that means you won't be deferring to finish your degree eh?? Must feel nice to stop stressing over the MCAT again....it was hell enough to write once, so congrats again!!

Fingers crossed for more phone calls Friday!!

Guest anxiously

Hi all,

Suppose that I should of read all the posts yesterday, not just the newest one.....so, CONGRATS to you as well Lidocaine, didn't mean to leave you out.

Guest Salkh

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I decided to accept the spot, since they give you a BSc after 2 years of med school anyway. Just thought I'd let you know that Marlene is away now until Monday, so unless she's getting Andrea to do some phoning, there won't be any more movement until Monday. Don't forget that last year all 25 waitlistees were eventually pulled off the waitlist. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on this thread. :) Also, congrats to Lidocaine! You must have been at the top of the 2nd/3rd year list, since I hear it doesn't move much at all. See you August 30th!

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Sally,

Are you sure all 25 people on the IP waitlist were eventually accepted?? I heard that same thing, but it was in regards to the OOP waitlist, not the IP waitlist....

I am beginning to think I am LAST on the waitlist, as I was like the last person I know who heard back from UofA with regards to being an "Alternate Candidate"....so maybe I am like number 25 or something....ugh!!

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!!!

Guest Salkh

yep - if you look back on this thread, I think it was Granny Panties who mentioned that all 25 were pulled of the in-province waitlist last year. hope everyone had a great Canada day - they had pretty sweet fireworks at kinsman park!

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Everyone,

Here's an idea for those of us left still waiting on the 4+ IP waitlist...lets figure out how many people we know all together that have been pulled off the waitlist already, to determine how much of the waitlist we have already gone through.

I know two people from UofC that have been pulled off, as well as I heard one of Qwigley's friends was pulled also. Thats three, plus Sally.....so theres four so far.....anyone else have any numbers to contribute (I know there is the possibility we may know some of the same people....but this at least gives us "neurotic" ones some kind of rough idea....)

OK, reading back over previous posts, there is three more people that have been pulled off the waitlist (PJDavis knows one person, MAKdaddy knows one, and Med2B knows one), bringing the total to 7 people....of 25....

Guest pjdavis

Hey Jenn,

Been away for a while man there are alot of new posts! First off congratulations Sally on getting in, at least for you the long wait is over. Also are the people who are getting in getting calls in the morning or afternoon? It would be nice to know what time of the day is the red zone. Furthermore, Jenn I actually don't the person who I know who got in posted on this board so I think you have six. Lastly, my buddy declined his spot at 3 in the afternoon on Thursday and to my knowledge no one has gotten his spot yet so there might be a place opened up on Monday. Good luck to all.

-pjdavis

Guest Impatient

Impatient no longer,

After a what seemed like an age-long wait, I received the happy news last week! A message was left on my machine in the a.m., and after telephone tag, I finally spoke with Marlene just before 4 p.m. - and thankfully before the weekend, or else I'd have been wondering what was wrong with my application all weekend!

My heart goes out to all still waiting by the phone; it is agonizing. Oh, and I wouldn't worry about when you received the "alternate" letter. Mine didn't arrive until the middle of June!! (even though it was dated May 31st)

Guest Impatient

PJ

I received the call on Wednesday. As posted earlier, Marlene mentioned she would be out of the office until today; hopefully more calls will be coming shortly!!

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Congrats Impatient!! I am still waiting to hear (and hopefully I do hear!!)...did anyone else hear anything today?

Guest pjdavis

Oh my god I just got the call this morning. It is still surreal.:rollin Since I was 5 I have been waiting for someone to give me a chance and now they have. Anyway this list is still moving. See you all in August! For those of you still waiting I was really down today thinking I was the last one on the list and would never get a call, so it can come when you least expect it.

Guest anxiously

I'm still in shock and not actually sure that I can type yet....so bear with me! Got the call this morning and the letters in the mail. I was in the same boat as you this morning pjdavis, actually told the members of my lab that I was spending the next year sitting on my butt. Now I've got the move to edmonton and med school to keep me occupied, what a drastic change. Congrats to everyone whose already heard and know that I have my fingers crossed for those still waiting.

Jenn- I'm emailing you my phone #, call me as soon as you can!

Guest pjdavis

Congrats anxiously,

From our little game I would have thought you would have been the first one in. As you're in a lab to how are you going about quitting your job. Any advice I would appreciate. Hey guess what now I really will be Dr. Phil! Jenn I hope you hear soon!

-Phil

Guest MMCL

Congrats to everyone for getting in from the waitlist! very excited to hear the news! I am currently still on the waitlist for u of c and can only hope to be able to experience your excitement in the next few weeks (looking doubtful however).

Is it just me, or does it seem like the waitlist at u of a is moving incredibly fast and the one at u of c is moving incredibly slow? can anyone offer an explanation to this?

I really like the fact that u of a only reserves the number of seats on the waitlist that they will realistically fill up with openings- u of c on the other hand has almost four times as many people on their waitlist than spots that generally become available (IP waitlist of approx. 80 people)- very frustrating!!!

sure doesn't give a person much hope, sigh:\

Guest Salkh

PJ, anxiously, impatient, sorry if I've missed anyone - awesome! Way to go. It feels incredible, doesn't it? It won't sink in for a few days, I'm still on a high and it's been just about a week for me! PJ I am working on the 6th floor of med sci, you are on the 7th right? are you guys quitting your lab jobs right away?

Archived