Premed 101 Forums

IP waitlist movement

Guest Impatient

Guest Apna

pjdavis and anxiously... I know what you're feeling right now.... because I just got the call today too!! WHOOOOOOOOO!! I thought the OOP waitlist had for sure gone dead by now, but Andrea told me otherwise :rollin

see you folks in no time at all!

and to the rest of the waitlisters, don't give up hope... I had pretty much written myself off!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pjdavis

Congrats Apna,

Wow soo much movement. Sally, I will be quitting on Monday when my boss gets back from Miami! He wanted me to switch focuses in my Master's which basically means tacking on another 6 months so there is no way I could finish by next year if I deffered. Anyway, maybe that is a sign that it's a good time to leave. The only thing is I have my commitee meeting on Tuesday, so I might piss-off a few people. Oh well. See you in August!;)

-Phil

Guest Koppertone

:rollin Good job pj! :rollin Who would have thought that we'd end up in the same school? All of us ezboarders will have to meet up before school starts so we can see who's who!

Guest pjdavis

Thanks Koppertone! Yes fate is a funny thing, but at least I'll finally get to meet the person I've been pestering with questions for the past couple of months.:P I definetely think all the ezboaders should meet up. I'll start a new topic, on this but maybe like a week before class when everyone is getting settled into Edmonton for the year. Also if anyone is looking for a place, or needs an extra roomate, my roomates have moved out so I am looking for at least one new roomate or someone to move in with. My current rent situation is this, I am living in the upstairs of a house. Rent is $300 a month, utilities included. Right by Concordia College. For anyone who knows Edmonton this is a really nice (nice not new), but it is 20 minutes from the U of A which might be a pain for those 8 a.m classes.

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Guys,

Tisha I got your email this evening, I wrote you back and will try giving you a call tomorrow....

Congrats to you as well pjdavis!! I can't even imagine how you guys are feeling, except to say that I'm still hoping for that great feeling as well!! Hopefully I'm not much further down the waitlist...which reminds me that I wanted to ask you guys when the date is that Canadian schools start comparing registered student lists, and hopefully more movement occurs...?

Congrats again to you all!!

Guest anxiously

Phil - Looks like you've come up with a plan on how to leave the lab...good for you! Don't worry too much about ticking people off, its important to do whats right for you and from the level of excitement I'm sensing, this must be whats right. I'm planning on staying in the lab through the first week of august but I've yet to fill anyone in on that plan....still getting a little pressure from the boss to wait and hear from U of C and then do a MD/PhD in Calgary. However, I'm pretty confident that U of A is the place for me. The campus and all the people I met interview day wowed me. I'm sure that our class will be just as great as the 2007s that we met in February. Still haven't completely processed all this......so giddy...and scared....but more giddy!

Jenn- got your email, look forward to hearing from you, do you work this saturday? A happy phone call is coming, I can feel it!

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Tisha,

Why not do an MD/PhD at Uof A? I didn't know you were even considering doing one though...but thats super cool! I guess it is your current boss that wants you to do a PhD with him? ANyways, heres still waiting for a phone call....

Jenn

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Guys,

Well I was called with an acceptance Wednesday last week (Tisha I emailed you - congrats on your acceptance at UofC!!), but delayed posting until I made a decision regarding requesting a deferral...and I have since decided to start this fall!! So I guess I will be moving up next month....YAY!!!

Jenn

Guest anxiously

Want to add my congrats to Jenn too! I'm glad that we get to make the move from Calgary together. Heard from a friend who got off the list this morning, man is that thing moving or what. Can't wait to meet you all next month.

Archived