Premed 101 Forums

APS Invites?

Guest ibizascientist

Guest ibizascientist

Has any university candidate received their APS invite yet? I was told by U Laval that they would be sent last week or this week...

Guest FrEd

Nope, haven't got mine yet...

i have to admit that i'm starting to be a bit worried...

but i also got my invites from UdeM and UdeSherb pretty late...so i'm probably getting worried for nothing at all...

Guest ibizascientist

That's awesome pi! Which city do yo live in?

I sure hope to come home to an APS invite tonight :P

Guest El Matador de la Muerte

Bill and Picord, in wich city do you live in ?? I'm wondering what's the expected delay to receive the letter.

Matador de La Muerte (Montreal)

Guest ibizascientist

Yeah, I came home to my invite tonight :rollin

Matador: call Laval tommorow and talk to the med admissions rep France Vaudry, at (418) 656-2131 x7915. The people I spoke with at lunch today were very nice and willing to disclose info (Mme. Vaudry was away today). Considering how slowly the letters are arriving--mine took 4 days to get to Montreal--I wouldn't loose hope just quite yet.

So does anyone know if/how we prepare for this thing? What are you all planning to wear?

Guest bill

Congrats ibiza! From what I know Matador, I got my other letters late, this one is an exception.

Shirt-tie-pants-shoes kind of thing... No coat this time! That was way too much. Do you think we have SEVEN interviews, or just two?

I think "triade" means a group of three. So there's no individual interview at all. That won't require preparation I think, since there is nothing individual. But I WILL read some medical ethics, to remind me of the principles.

bill

Guest quebecboy

Hey bill,

Although a tie is always nice, for the APS, you may well be the only one wearing one. When I passed the APS two years ago, there was only one person wearing one, and he kind of stood out (not in a good way).

The APS is done in groups of 3, where each person will have his turn being the person evaluated. Then, you change groups (the groups are assigned, you don't get to choose). And then, there's the group interview. So, all in all, there are 7 "mise en situation", but you're only evaluated on 3 of these (however, when you play the patient or the person that consults, if you do badly your job, you may lose points).

The two APS in groups of three do not have anything ethical in them. As for the group interview, it's always been the exact same scenario for the last couple of years. So, if it holds this year, it will be on ethics, but no clear cut stuff. There are no right or wrong answers, the important is to be able to defend your point.

Thanks for all info ibizascientist (did I talk to you at UdM the 6th of March?).

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm just hoping now.

Guest ibizascientist
Thanks for all info ibizascientist (did I talk to you at UdM the 6th of March?).

Nope, my interview was March 3rd...

Guest cutieyellow

As Qcboy stated,

There is no way you can really prepare for this. Just go in, be yourself, and don't hog too much time when it comes to the ethical scenario. And Bill, no need to actually read up on it, it's really just a situation you're put into and you have to react to it. It's usually fairly simple.

Good luck!

CY

Guest bill

qc: J'avais mis mon habit a l'entrevue pour UdeM :rollin J'ai juste eu chaud pour rien.

Je vais faire comme vous conseillez. Vers quelle date doit-on s'attendre a une reponse?

bill

Est-ce que quelqu'un attend encore une réponse de Laval pour une invitation à l'APS (catégorie universitaire) ?

Matador de la Muerte

Guest FrEd

Oui moi j'attends encore la mienne. J'ai appelé à l'Université mais ils veulent rien me dire, ce qui est très bizarre...

surment un refus dans le fond...

Bonne chance Matador

Archived