Premed 101 Forums

Please help! Question regarding OMSAS Application

Guest RedPotato

Guest RedPotato

In the Postsecondary Education section, I need a separate section for the summer courses right? Which should I put for duration - semester or supplementary?

Thank you for all replies!

Guest rubberoduck

Summer courses have to have a different status? I didn't know this. What if I've been taking summer courses in the past 2 years at the same undergrad university? Do I have to claim it under supplementary? Thanks

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

All summer courses are considered supplementary but different schools will consider these courses in different ways when calculating the GPA. For example, McMaster includes all course marks--including supplementary--for its GPA calculation while UofT does not include supplementary course marks in its GPA calculation. With respect to UofT, you still receive credit for taking the course, e.g., if it is a course requirement for their program, but the grade is not counted in the GPA calculation.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Serenity

Hi,

I went to Waterloo for my undergrad and was enrolled in a co-operative program. I would alternate between school and co-op every four months. As a result, some of my school terms fell during the summer. Would the courses taken during these terms be designated supplementary (even though it was a regular school term for me with a full course load)?

Thanks in advance!

S.

Archived