Premed 101 Forums

Who are your interviewers

Guest ubcpharmer

Guest ubcpharmer

Hi

Just wondering who everybody's interviewers are

I have Dr. Nigel Livingston, Mrs. Lillian Steneker and Dr. Vugranam Venkatesh. ANy insight into any of these people?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi.

My interview will be on Sunday morning, bright and early. i.e. 8:30am.

My interviewers will be Dr. David Birnbaum, Dr. Hugh Paterson and Ms. Nalini Bhu.

Any thoughts on this?

kirin

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

It looks like Dr. Paterson has been fairly active in the BC medical community for some time. If it's the same person, he may have served on the Northern Interior Regional Health Board as well as the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.

It seems as though there is a nice mix of individuals on many of these panels. It should hopefully make for some interesting conversing. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hey there folks!

I'm sort of a returning person on this board- haven't posted in a long time but I'm back now that my account is working again... I just found out I have a Mrs. Sharon Black, Dr. Semion Strovski, and Dr. Martin Adamson for my interview. Adamson is an evolution prof in zoology at UBC whom I've heard of before and I think Strovski is a obstetrician from Quesnel (don't know much else about him). Is anyone having any luck trying to find out anything about their "community member" person? Unfortunately, the name Sharon Black is pretty common and so an Internet search is sort of ridiculous. Any suggestions?

Congrats to everyone on their interviews...

Thanks!

Red:p

Guest summerfuntimes

Hey red,

Martin Adamson is a VERY nice guy! I had him for a prof and he is very agreeable. I am sure he will make the interview a good experience. Good luck!

:hat

Okay, here are a couple of other names to add to the list.....

Anyone know any of these three?

Ms. Joyce Anderson

Dr. Nattana Dixon-Warren                       

Dr. Barry Beyerstein

Thanks!

Guest Climbing

Hi,

Here are my names:

Mr. Frederick Bates

Dr. Elizabeth Bastian

Dr. John Tsang

Interestingly, I interviewed last year and none of those names seem to have popped up this year with other applicants. Perhaps they are taking some time off this year from the process. I will keep an eye on the names and see if they pop up again and post my feedback.

thanks

Guest pokadot42

Hey Red,

I have the same interviewers! However, I had Martin as a prof in Science One first year, so I think they will be rearranging them for me. I may end up with 3 new ppl.

I searched for sharon black's in canada, and found a real estate agent in kelowna who seemed to have a pretty high profile. Who knows?

Good Luck. Martin is quirky and eccentric, but a nice guy. He's really into his science (as are most academics I suppose). I think it will be a really good panel!

hey red and Pokadot42,

I've got the same interview panel as yours guys :) When is your interview? Mine is on Monday, March 15...8:30 am Bright and Early :)

good luck my friends,

Dunes

Guest pokadot42

Now I have 3 new interviewers, I would have preferred the others, but I understand the conflict. sigh...

Anyone know of: Dr. Keith Graham

Ms. Joy Lee                       

Dr. Howard Stein ?

I could only find info on Dr. Stein, but not the other 2. So, I have no idea what to expect!

Guest bonjourtoujour

Wow! This thread is awesome! I'm sorry that I can't contribute anything on the people named so far, but here are 3 more names to add to the list:

Dr. Alexander Moll

Ms. Marilyn Wheeler

Dr. Angela Shen

I think Dr. Moll is a neurologist, but I can't find out anything about the other two....

Guest canstowski

jamiel911 and Makunouchi, i got the same panel as yours.

Dr. Eric Olson

Prof. Bruce Self

Dr. Jean Hlady

When is your date and time?

Mine: March 13, 4:00p.m.

I'll try and look them up in the physicians' directory and let you know what I find......There's not much online about these guys.....

When is your interview? Mine is on Sunday.

Goodluck!

;)

Guest 4EverRose

Hello,

Like Kirin and soapyslicer, I have Dr. David Birnbaum, Dr. Hugh Paterson and Ms. Nalini Bhui as my interviewers.

Mine is on Friday morning.

4EverRose

Archived