Premed 101 Forums

Who are your interviewers

Guest ubcpharmer

Guest notamedic

Hey Kristeen and Jamberry,

I have the same panel as the two of you, but I've found conflicting information on William Bruce Strachan- are you sure he's a BC MLA?

I went to the MLA website, and I couldn't find his name:

www.legis.gov.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm#

I've heard from others that he's involved in politics, but I don't know at what level for sure.

It sounds like you have the other two (Drs. Smith and MacKenzie) correct though.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest McCarey007

Hi everyone,

This is my panel. Have they interviewed students at UBC before? Their names don't look familiar to me...:|

Dr. Paul Gawthrop

Prof. Dora Tam

Mr. Maurice Mourton

Hey all,

I know that at least one other person has my panel on Sunday. I am drawing complete blanks on these people:

Ms. Marilyn Wheeler                       

Dr. Angela Shen

Any ideas? I think I have Googled my brains out. :\

Thanks!

Guest calbearod

Hey Everyone,

i've only seen one other person with my panel:

Dr. John Tsang

Dr. Elizabeth Bastian

Mr. Fredricks Bates.

a google search on Dr. Tsang revealed he's on some board from the Michael Smith Foundation.

The only thing I found on Dr. Bastian was in some legal case with canadian forest companies over enviromental pollution.

and I don't have anything on Mr. Bates.

Thanks for any input you guys may have.

Cal

Guest notamedic

Ok, so if he's a Prince George city councillor, what are his political views? Is he more of a righty or lefty?

What party was he affliated with when he was a MLA?

Guest Climbing

Hi Calbearod,

I have the same panel!! For a while there I thought I was on my own on this one, so I did not post what I found.

I pretty much hit on the information you got. Except that Dr. Bastian is in Smithers and a Mr. Frederick Bates is in Kamloops (I think...I don't have that info with me now). I did a yellow pages search for these names and just used BC for province and did not put anything in the city menu.

As for now, I have stopped looking and am just focusing on the interview. I will post again if I get any more information.

Cheers,

Climbing

Guest physiology

Anyone out there who has

Dr. Waqar Haque?

Ms. Tasia Alexis?

Dr. Kevin Black?

as interviewers? Another member on this board and I have found some information on everyone except for Dr. Black. Thanks!

Guest ClimbOn

Hi %%WORD1%7

I've actually got the same panel. Is your interview on March 15?

I ran several searches on Google, and here's what I found:

Prof. Dora Tam is from UNBC, and specializes in social work

Mr. Maurice Mourton is some sort of chair of BC research

That's all I've got right now.

Guest kanayo101

Hi Everybody,

My panel got changed and these three interviewers:

Dr. Keith Graham

Ms. Joy Lee                       

Dr. Howard Stein

I found out through an internet search that Dr Howard Stein is a retired rheumotologist. Other than that, I cannot find anything else.

Does anybody know anything about them?

Thanks!! ;)

Guest Tousie

Hi!

Looks like we have the same panel. Is your interview on Monday as well? I found a bio on Dr. Waquar Haque from UNBC but other than that nothing... :\ Any news on the other two?

BTW: good luck to everyone!

Guest vhung

Hi Guys!

So far none of those names ring a bell for me. It seems like a lot of the interviewers are different.

Has anybody heard of the following interviewers (I have them for my panel):

Dr. Donald Blacklock

Prof. Glenda Prkachin

Dr. Susan Beyerstein

Thanks in advance for any input

Guest walkorbike

Hi, Liz80,

It looks like Dr. M. Pilgrim is a g.p. at a clinic at Dawson Creek and is also chief of emergency at the South Peace Health Council. Dr. S. Young Moon is a PhD and gamete expert at UBC's invitro fertility program. UBC ICF Program

I could not find out any information about the third panel member. Still, an interesting mix of interviewers. Best of luck!

walkorbike

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Yes, I think the aim for the basic structure of the UBC interview panels this year was that they wished to have: 1) a UBC faculty member; 2) an MD; 3) a member of the community. Additionally, each of these three individuals hail from three different regions in BC: the island, northern BC, Vancouver. Lastly, apparently UBC also tried to achieve gender balance in the three-person panel (although perfect balance, of course, is technically impossible!). :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived