Premed 101 Forums

Who are your interviewers

Guest ubcpharmer

Guest woodland

I have the same interviewers as you R2detoo. I don't anything about Ms. Reta Clark, but I do know that Prof. Chow Lee is a researcher at UNBC. Do you know if Dr. Bonita Sawatzky is a physician or a researcher?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thejamberry

Hi Kirsteen,

You and I have the same panel. I think that

Dr. Patricia MacKenzie ~ is from UVic /the center of aging

Mr. William Bruce Strachan ~ is an MLA.

What does your research reveal?

~Jamberry

Guest UBC student

kaylen and yy~I also have Ms. Joyce Anderson, Dr. Nattana Dixon-Warren, and Dr. Barry Beyerstein, you guys have any info on them? also when are your interviews? ours may be on the same day

Guest physiology

Bonita Sawatsky -

She's a researcher - her focus is pediatric orthopedics.

Does anyone have any info on Dr. Kevin Black? I think he's a clinician from the Island.

Guest R2detoo

Thanks woodland and physiology... I haven't been at this site for approx. 24hrs and man! a lot can happen.

As for Dr. Sawakzy, she seems pretty involved with her research with spinal deformities. I have still only done a google search on her though.

I will keep you updated though!

Dr. Barry Beyerstein is a professor of psychology at SFU. He is a "physiological psychologist and psychopharmacologist" of these fields which I know nothing of. My interview is at Robson campus on Friday

hey everyone

i just got an email from UBC telling me my interview panel changed. I now have

Dr. Elaine Gallagher - Professor at School of Nursing UVIC

Mr. Harry Robert Sturney - Community person from northern BC

Dr. Nazmudin Bhanji - Clinical associate professor at UBC.

I used to have Dr. Perry Howard, Ms. Courtney Langer, and Tibor Bederezi.

cheers,

kupo

Guest kanayo101

Hi Everybody!

Kupo...I got the exact same change to my interview panel. Unfortunately, I had to file a conflict because I used to be a patient of Dr Bhanji.

If anybody has Dr Bhanji and has not heard of him, he is one of the BEST doctors I have met. He is a pediatrician who works out of Vancouver and is in such high demand that it is not uncommon to wait 2 hours to see him even with a scheduled appointment (in fact, we used to check in then go grocery shopping and come back to actually see him)! Don't be scared of him, he's a friendly, supportive guy...

Guest canstowski

Woodland,

Did you get Dr. Dalal? Oh man, i hope you don't have him. Last year, i had him in an 1on1 interview. Let just tell you, if it wasn't for him, i wouldve been in med school by now. (got waitlisted and went to academic session after post waitlist reject and found out Dr. Dalal's interview was the main and only reason i didn't get in med). This guy was pretty rude during the interview. He had his back facing me the whole time. He was either talking on the phone or cleaning his desk or shelf when i was answering his questions. He wouldn't let me elaborate on my answers as he cut them short most of the time. My interview lasted only 20 minutes before he showed me the door. The funny thing is, Joy spent half of my academic review session convincing me that Dr. Dalal is not evil at all. :x

Oh yea, one more thing, right after the interview, Dr. Dalal said "see you in my class next year".....and he then proceed to give me a 5 or 6 out of 10 for every catergory....and he dared to say i have NO INTEGRITY! ARGH! talk about hypocritical....ok i'm done venting my frustation...no hard feelings :P

Guest woodland

cantowski

thanks for your the info but now i'm scared. why do you think he acted that way? i heard some people have had good experiences with him. maybe with other interviewers there, it won't be that bad... let's hope anyway.

Hi Woodland, and Canstowski,

As opposed to Canstowski, I had a very pleasant interview with Dr. Dalal. He was very very nice to me and said that I reminded him of his daughter. The only part that stressed me out a bit were his ethical questions but even then he was nice. He was friendly and complimented me on many things. Now you're probably wondering why I didn't get in. I lacked maturity and the other interviewer felt the same way. But compared to other students I know, I got fairly high interview marks from both of my interviewers. I'm not sure what happened w/ canstowski, but I had a great time talking to him. Don't be scared :)

Kooty: - what were his ethical questions about, and what did you find difficult about them?

UBC Student: - my interview is on Sunday. And no, aside from Beyerstein, I have not found any info on the other two people...still searching though!

Kaylen

I see that some of you went through the interviewing process last year. What are the categories out of 10 that you were being marked on?

Ref. cantstowski's last post.

Kirin

Guest R2detoo

hey woodland,

No, my panel has not been changed (as far as I know) - did yours?

If you still have the same panel as me...when is your interview? I am on sunday morning.

Cheers, R2detoo

Guest woodland

My interview panel did change (I don't have Dr. Bonita Sawatzky anymore. I have Dr. Bakul Dalal) and now I'm wondering why. I have my interview on Friday morning.

kooty -thanks! -I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens with me!

Hey woodland and kaylen and eveyrone else

I don't remember his ethical questions...they were scenarios that were pretty drawn out and complicated. Also last year we were marked on things like integrity, motivation....all that kind of stuff. Oh yes, and maturity...I can't really remember them all.

Guest R2detoo

Well, as luck would have it....I just got my email informing me of my panel change...now, I too have Dr. Dalal... sounds scary - but hopefully he well be as thrilled as I am at the prospect of getting up early on Sunday morning.

:D

Archived