Premed 101 Forums

Who are your interviewers

Guest ubcpharmer

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

It's great that you guys are finding some commonalties among your panels. Thus far, I haven't read of anyone who has the same panel as myself on Friday. :rolleyes

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Red,

great, thank you :) I hope it all goes well with you...

Wishing you all the best of luck..I'm getting all excited about meeting you all...

I'm curious to know who chose to go to the Friday session and who to the Sunday one?

cheers,

Dunes

Guest soapyslicer

Hi Dunes,

I will be going to the Friday night session. Will be passing on the MSAC post session as I went to it 2 years ago when I interviewed. As I am a Vancouverite and having just finished a MSc. at UBC I am passing on both tours as well.

soapy

Guest chocolatechips

Hi Kristeen:

I have Friday Mar12 also...

my interviewers are

Dr. Keith Graham

Ms. Joy Lee

Dr. Howard Stein

are they the same as yours??

does anyone know who they are??

I think Dr. Stein is a rheumatologist...

Guest walkorbike

I am in bright and early on Saturday morning. I suspect that the next few weeks are going to fly by and that the interview weekend will be here before we know it. Thanks for the offer of doing a search. I searched UNBC and UVIC websites for our people, but didn't see anything and I think I am going to cool it on the Googling and just try and prepare in other ways:

-to go over my essay and extracurrics and see what I have learned from these experiences,

-to be sure I can express why I want to follow this path,

-to brush up on current situations in BC health care and finally,

-to become familiar with the MD program at UBC and expansion sites.

Good luck with your research and your prep! walkorbike

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there chocolatechips,

Another Friday-ite! No, none of these interviewers are the same as my three who are:

Mr. William Bruce Strachan

Dr. Patricia MacKenzie

Dr. Jeanette Smith

For those of you who have already received the e-mail with the four attachments that outline, among other things, the schedule of post-interview festivities, could you possibly provide some details regarding Friday's events? I have not yet received my e-mail with the attachments, and would love to be able to fit some of the events into my schedule, if possible, but need to know what time they are on to do so. :)

Also, regarding the tours, do the attachments outline what is shown during them? Which buildings and facilities do we have the options of visiting?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest walkorbike

Howdy, Kirsteen, here is some quoting from the info material:

A curriculum orientation and overview session will be given at two different times:

Dates: Friday March 12, 2004 & Sunday March 14, 2004

Time: 5:30pm-7:30pm

Venue: B Lecture Hall, Vancouver General Hospital. The entrance is located off Heather Street, between 10th and 12th Avenue. Then there is the wine and cheese. (This event will immediately follow the information sessions given by the faculty, and the MSAC is located right across the street). This will include presentations by current medical students and will give you a perspective on what life is really like for a UBC medical student. Afterwards, students will be available to answer any questions you have about UBC Medicine. (We need to RSVP for the wine and cheese.)

Have fun!

Guest chocolatechips

Hi Kristeen:

Tours

Tours of the city and campus will be given by a UBC medical student on a chartered bus on Friday and/or Sunday (dependent on interest, more info to come on times).

still need to RSVP using the form they send you...:P

Hi Everyone,

I havne't heard of any of the interviewers listed so far. None of my interviewers from last year appear to be interviewing as of yet...here are mine,

Dr. Perry Howard

Ms. Courtney Langer

Dr. Tibor Bezeredi

Heard of any of these people? Any input would be great.

Thanks guys

Guest canstowski

Hey jamiel911 and Makunouchi, i got some info on our interviewers

Dr. Eric Olson:

Member, BC College of Chiropractors

Can't find anything of Prof. Bruce Self but this:

Self, Bruce and Peters, Heather Ione. (Submitted for publication 2001). Rural Street Nurse: Street Nursing Without Streets. Canadian Nurse.

Peters, Heather Ione and Self, Bruce. (2001). Tri-Nations Health Liaison Program Evaluation. A report to the Tri-Nations Health Liaison Steering Committee. Williams Lake, BC.

But from his publication, its obvious he will be representing the rural part of BC

Dr. Jean Hlady:

Clinical professor of pediatrics at the University of British Columbia.

Feedbacks??

Hi Canstowski,

your searching skill is very good....i cannot find anything about my three interviewers....can you tell me how to search for faculty or clinical professor at UBC, as an example? I cannot find the link to it. Thanks!

Guest canstowski

Hi Shrimp,

All i did was search with the Google search engine.

Just type your prof/dr.'s name and the "vancouver" , the engine should give you some good links.

Another thing i did was that i searched on every university webpages (http://www.ubc.ca, http://www.sfu.ca, http://www.uvic.ca, http://www.unbc.ca). All of these webpages have search engine of their own (also powered by google :P ). So just type your prof/dr.'s name and scan thru the resulting links.

I hope this helps =P

Hi Canstowski,

I'll be going to the Friday session too! Anyone else coming on Friday?

We should have a sign or something for all those from this list ..haha :P

Dunes

Guest kanayo101

My interview is Monday morning (College of P/S Office) with

Dr. Perry Howard

Ms. Courtney Langer                       

Dr. Tibor Bezeredi

All I could find is Dr Perry Howard who is a Biology prof at UVic and Dr Bezeredi is a psychiatrist (I think?). Has anybody heard of them?

What do you suggest we know about our panel and for what purpose?

I guess I will see some of you at the Friday night Info Session.

Thanks!

ps - do you realize I'm more freaked out now that I actually have an interview versus when I was still waiting?

Guest canstowski

For me anyways, i checked up on my interviewer's background because i want to have a feel of the questions that they might ask. For instance, one of my interviewer is a pediatrician. Since, i work with kids a lot and it shows on my CV or application, i'm prepared to be asked some if not many questions about child care and what not.

Guest R2detoo

Hi, I am new to all this ezPost jazz, but I was wondering the same thing as everyone else...so, does anyone know anthing about these three?

Ms. Reta Clark

Prof. Chow Lee                       

Dr. Bonita Sawatzky

I did find some info on Dr. Sawatzky, but so far I have discovered nothing about the other two.

Cheers!

Guest woodland

I have the same panel as yours R2detoo.

I don't anything about Ms. Reta Calrk, but I do know that Prof. Chow Lee is a researcher at UNBC. Is Dr. Bonita Sawatzky a physician or a researcher?

Archived