Premed 101 Forums

What to wear at UBC curriculum orientation

Guest jamiel911

Guest jamiel911

I was wondering what is the correct attire for the UBC orientation? I was thinking of wearing a suit. Do a lot of people dress like the interview?

Thanks

Guest Koppertone

I think it's pretty informal. I went to the one last year (just for fun as for some reason I thought it was an undergrad premed meeting) and nobody was really dressed up for it. However, I don't think it would hurt to wear dress pants and a nice shirt, as I personally think I'll wear something decent as I don't want to look like a ditz.

Guest 4EverRose

Thanks for your info Koppertone. I was actually thinking of wearing a suit since the info session will be on the same day as my interview. Also there is the 'Cheese and Wine' session afterwards by the current med student and I am not sure how formal is that as well.

Hmmm... Now that you said nobody really dressed up for it then perhaps I will just wear a nice shirt instead :)

Thanks.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

I arrived in Vancouver a few hours ago--what a great day to be here--it's beautiful outside. Lovely to see the cherry blossoms peeking out of the tree branches. Since Robson Square is just a few blocks away from where I'm at I'm going to head out and check out the interview site and enjoy a bit more of the balmy weather. (I hear there may be a few showers tomorrow.) Tonight will be a wee pilgrimage to one of my fave restaus in this part of the country--Vij's.

Looking forward to the Friday evening, post-interview festivities and perhaps running into a few of you. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest walkorbike

Hello all,

Just wanted to wish everyone well on the coming interview weekend!

walkorbike (on the road soon, without the beloved Internet)

Guest dsDNA

At the orientation I went to 2 years ago, most people dressed pretty casually. I wouldn't worry about wearing a suit there. The wine and cheese was casual too - nice pants and shirt is fine as mentioned above.

Archived