Premed 101 Forums

Which Canadian Medschools require full time study?

Guest Marvin0123

Guest Marvin0123

I am a BC resident in university going into 3rd year, and I am just wondering if I should make sure that I have full courseloads from september - april. Is it worth taking 15 credits per semester (and potentially having a lower GPA) than only taking like 12 per semester, and having a higher gpa. Which schools require you to have a full time courseload, and which do not (the schools I am thinking of are UBC, and any others that don't give preference to in-province applicants). I was also thinking of doing co-op in the spring, and maybe taking courses in fall/summer semesters (instead of only doing coop in summer semesters) Which schools would not count this semester in the GPA calculation. Any info on this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Guest Elaine I

In Ontario, UWO requires full time study - at least two years with 5.0 credits. I believe Ottawa requires full time years as well, but I'm not sure how many, or what constitutes "full time". U of T gives an advantage to those who were always full time, by implementing their weighting formula. NOSM, Queen's and McMaster don't require full time studies.

Elaine

Archived