Premed 101 Forums

I need your help on picking a laptop

Guest wab8611

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wab8611

well since i was the one who started this post, i guess i should give everyone an update.

today i purchased my powerbook 12-inch super drive. i know i originally intended on purchasing the ibook 14-inch, but when it came down to it this was the best bang for my buck.

i hope its everything that i will need for the next 3-4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this deal from Dell while looking for discounts: it's a pay-one-price upgrade-(almost)-all-you-want package for the Inspiron 2200: www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/affiliates_inspiron_deal?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I managed to cram 2547 USD worth of goodies into a system for 1199 USD (~$1500) in a test run, so it's potentially a good deal if you're not too picky about parts (well, for the most expensive package of the 3, the specs are actually fairly decent). One of the "free upgrade" options is a 3-year limited warranty (not as good as the CMA offer, but still nice). There are also 849 USD (~$1060) and 999 USD (~1250) base settings. I guess similar to the deal that uvicguy got, this only works for US citizens, but hey, if you've got relatives south of the border.. :)

Guest AKangaroo

Hi,

How about Averatec 3200 series?

It is under $1000 and one of the lightest notebooks in the world. It is 14.1".

I just bought it about one month ago and love it!

It is so light and compact it fits even in a small backpack.

It offers over 3 hours of battery life and has everythin you need i guess.

Just my opinion.

Bye!:rollin

Archived