Premed 101 Forums

Staying on top of Canadian Healthcare Issues !

Guest ilitvino

Guest ilitvino

Howdy Folks,

I just wanted to aks you to help me list some of the usefull websites that discuss Canadian Healthcarte and/or biomedical research issues. I hope that this will help all of us to get to know better what we are getting into as well as help us prepare for interviews.

Thanks for your help,

Ivan

Here are a few links from me:

www.bcbsnd.com/providers/discussions/

(Blue Cross Blue Shield disscussion of Canadian Healthcare)

www.cma.ca/index.cfm/ci_i...a_id/1.htm

(some good on policies and lobbying from Canadain Medical Assication)

www.heartland.org/Article...rtId=15034

(Potential problems with Canadian Healthcare -- Warning ! The article is written by a Yankee)

www.cpha.ca/english/insid.../media.htm

(Canadian Journal of Public Health Media Room)

nextwave.sciencemag.org/ca/

(Science Magazine -- Canadian Edition -- explore the healthcare issues link)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can...s_compared

(Comparison of US vs. Canadian Healthcare)

I ask that you continue the list above as well as express your thoughts on some of the burning issues...

Guest Anish  P

This may be an obvious comment, but don't forget about cbc.ca's website on healthcare. It's more basic and general than PubMed or the CMA, but still offers a lot of good, solid information.

Anish

Guest ilitvino

Thanks for the great suggestions. So, what do you guys think about the two-tier medical system (I am talking about having a government paid system and a parallel private system). I am currently living in the great US of A and I must say that I like this idea a lot! After all, this is how we do it with education. If you want more/extra you can go to private secondary school. Otherwise, you are always welcome in a public school.

I must say that I really hope that la Belle province du Quebec sets the precident and pushes to allow people to get better helthcare by paying out of the pocket.

Archived