Premed 101 Forums

Current Events

Guest vhung

Guest vhung

Hi,

I've been trying to keep up with current health events/issues in BC, but still feel like my knowledge is lacking. Can anyone offer some good ways to broaden my scope of things?

Thanks!

i'm not sure what you've read in terms of health care but one of the good articles i found was the health care articles in Macleans (i'm not sure when that came out) . i think you need to know the general health issues, not only in BC, but in Canada so be aware of that as well.

Guest dsDNA

Watching the news or reading the newspaper would give you an idea as to what the most current topics are. But to get a fuller picture, you would probably need to do some research on those topics. I also found it helpful to talk to people working in the health care system - not just doctors but also nurses, PTs, OTs etc.

Guest Danish

Hi,

I found that cbc.ca has a good "archive" section, with really good, quick overviews of major healthcare issues, eg. Romanow report, Kirby report, and just healthcare in general. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact URL, but if you go to http://www.cbc.ca and dig around for the archive section, I'm sure you'll find it.

Cheers,

Danish

Archived