Premed 101 Forums

RE: McGill Application

Guest Pearly Whites

Guest Pearly Whites

Hi!

I had a few questions, hope someone out there knows, thx!

1) The autobiographical statement states "It must be written by the applicant." Does this mean we have to handwrite it or can we print it on computer? And if we handwrite it, does it matter if it's cursive or printing. And does the 3 pages include the cover page or do we have 3 blank pages to work on?

2) For the DAT, which score do they take ie. most recent or the best? And which sections do they look at?

3) If one of my pre-req courses isn't completed before the deadline, do I send one transcript before the deadline and one after the deadline?

Thanks!!!

Guest LestatZinnie

1) you can and should type your statement. 3 pages excluding title page

2) i don't know which dat they look at. they told me dat is not used for selection for interview only gpa (and maybe reference)

3) i believe it's ok to be in progress with your pre requisites but really don't know. however you must have complete a degree at the end of the year you're applying, i.e. if you apply this yr you have to have an undergrad degree before september 2005

Guest Pearly Whites

Hi Lestat

Thanks so much! it's so nice of you to keep answering ppl's queries even after you've gotten in, you're even more efficient than the McGill admin!:rollin

Guest LestatZinnie

thx for your compliment. i spend so much time here becuz i'm bored as heck at school. in addition i know how slow mcgill is at replying requests, if they reply at all.

anyway a caveate: mcgill has a combined med/dent program. some people like it, but i find a lot of the materials waste of time for dent students. when you're trying to get in, you're probably just hoping to get in anywhere but if you get a choice, do think about whether you want to learn in gruelling detail about embryology, renal physiology, etc.

however mcgill has the lowest dental tuition in canada. their clinic is also based in hospital so supposedly you can get all sorts of interesting patients. class size is also pretty cozy at about 30, with 1/3 of them pre-dental students from quebec.

Archived