Premed 101 Forums

good furniture stores in the halifax area?

Guest Madz25

Guest Madz25

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows any good and CHEAP furniture stores in the Halifax area. Big stores like Leons are so pricey. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Madz

Guest Night Moves

I heard that they opened an IKEA here a while back and it somehow failed?! Two universities and they couldn't figure out how to make it work. Anyway, one place I know of that has a half-decent collection of stuff is the Sears outlet store. Everything there has basically been returned, or it's the stuff that fell off the back of the truck and has a scratch that you'd never notice. There isn't a ton of furniture, but what they have in stock always changes...

Guest Left and Leaving

Hey there, it's true, they did have an IKEA in Dartmouth and it closed! Bummer. Anyways I'm not going to Dal next year (Mac - but forgive me for posting in your forum..I've been living here for 3 years.. :) ) Well, there is the Urban Cottage, which is a used place, it's downtown on Granville St (you could find the # in the phone book). From what I remember it has a big selection of stuff.

Other than that I'd try sites like craigslist and thecoast.ca for classifieds. And the paper too! Good luck!

Guest overjoyed

shipping furniture to halifax from IKEA isn't too expensive. takes about 12 business days. that's where i'll be getting my new furniture :)

Guest Madz25

Thanks for the tips! IKEA failed?! How is that even possible lol.

Overjoyed - I was also thinking about having my furniture shipped from IKEA but thought it would be too expensive. I'll look into that in more detail now.

Thanks!

Guest overjoyed

shipping cost is based on weight. for the 5 items i ordered, which is just under 400 before tax and shipping, the shipping costs around 130. for what i'm getting it would cost more to buy it at one of the furniture places in Halifax, so it works out cheaper for me in the end. but it does also depend on what you're looking to buy.

hope that helps a bit more.

Archived