Premed 101 Forums

TB test

Guest cedar05

Guest cedar05

Hello,

Where in Halifax, or dartmouth, do we go to get a Tb test (mantox skin test). Also do I need a referral from my family physician?

Thanks!

Guest Monurch

Hi Cedar05,

All you have to do is email the admissions office today (July 14) indicating you require the TB test and they will arrange with health services to have you tested on the first day of orientation. The cost is $30.00 . I already emailed them to let them know that I need the test as well.

This information can be found on Dalmedix under the class of 2010 preparation file.

Hope this helps.

Guest Madz25

I'm getting mine done by my family physician for free. I'm in Toronto at the moment if that matters. I'm sure the family physicians in NS will do it for free as well.

Madz

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

If you have already had the Mantoux test and it was a documented negative, you might be able to get away with a 1-step that is required in Med 2-4, but I'm not completely sure. You should probably check with the Admissions office for a confirmation.

As for the cost, I went to my GP and it was $25. I thought I was getting a deal until it turned out that it was 25 bucks per step for a total of $50. I should have gone with Dal.

Ta,

Zakiyaa:p

So, according to NB Public Health, an MMR shot may suppress a positive TB test result, so they either have to be given on the same day, or the TB test must be taken 4 to 6 weeks after the MMR shot. Wish I had known that before my doctor injected me with all that sweet virus juice.

Archived