Premed 101 Forums

Parking

Guest melNB

Guest JewelLeigh

There is one lot that is about 10 minutes from the iwk and from where most 1st year med classes are. That one is I think around $150 for a year, BUT you are not guaranteed a spot - it's first come first served. If you get there after 8:30, you won't get a spot. That said...most of the med 1 days start at 8:30, so in first year, you're ok with that lot.

Another option is the lot right next to the Tupper building (which is where med 1 & 2 classes are and right across from the IWK). This one is reserved (spot guaranteed) and costs in the neighbourhood of $400-500 per year I believe. The trouble with this one is that there is a draw for those spots. However, I am not sure what the chances are. (ie. How many people go for how many spots.)

I believe that Dalhousie Security organizes all parking at Dal, so I would contact them for more details.

(But overall, I'd say that parking in downtown Halifax is a great big pain in the butt...I drove in first year, parking at the first lot mentioned above, and I hated it. This year, I moved downtown so I could walk, and am much much happier!)

Archived