Premed 101 Forums

Dal to have sattelite campus in Saint John (links inside)

Guest nbmom

www.cbc.ca/nb/story/nb_me...60118.html

www.med.mun.ca/med/medATm...offatt.htm

I have heard about this possibility for the past year but I guess it is pretty much a sure thing now? Does anyone else know more about this, like if Dal and MUN still have seats funded for New Brunswick residents at their campuses or will they all be delegated to Saint John.

I think this is great news for New Brunswick students, it will definetely be affecting me since I plan to apply for medschool starting in 2007 but the idea of having to move around for classes among campuses worries me as I have a family.

Guest McCutch

There is a new medical school planned for Saint John starting September 2007 which means the application process should start this coming fall.

My mom is a physician who knows people on the planning committee for this new school and as far I know in order for a new medical school to open up it must be in partnership with an existing medical school. They are separate from DAL and MUN and are going to have their own admission standards. (but probably similar to Dal and MUN.)

I am almost positive from the information I have been given that you will not be travelling to MUN or Dal. Saint John will have it's own campus and school.

I hope this helps!

Archived